Nothing To Fear Anymore

As the sun gently rose, the world still slept comfortably.

A little line of sun shined through the air, dust particles almost glittering in it.

The quiet morning's dew was resting in little pearls on the edges of the window.

Clothing pieces stood on mannequins in the window bay, admiring the sun as the sign on the door read 'closed'.

Spools of fabric hung from the walls.

Needles scattered on work surfaces.

Scissors discarded on the ground with with scraps of clothes.

Thread unwinding slowly under its own weight.

Sketches rustling int he break of the window left tilted, the songs of birds filtering through.

Half finished clothing hanging on with safety pins.

Pictures of family, friends and close people looking on as a spear was stabbed in the wall to be used as a coat hanger.

On the upper floor, moving from the little shop to the habitation above it, in one bed, in each others arms, snoozed the owners.

One had been known at a monster from 2 that lived to kill, having ripped her adversary's through out with her own teeth.

The other was known as a woman men wanted to have and who women wanted to be, owner of such spear and reason for the change in the world.

And as the day rose on them.

As the day of the reaping came and shone onto them.

No one stirred as there was nothing to fear anymore.