10

"See I told you that you look cute and ya ass is thumping back there."

"You don't think I look too out of place or something I mean I haven't wore nothing like this in a long time."

"Ari you look beautiful and I know your bullet wound scars makes you a little insecure."

"A LITTLE!? Tab I have to live with these thing and I don't even like for people to see it so me wearing this crop top already has me feeling like I look ugly."

"You are not ugly. If you stepped out more I bet hundreds of dudes would talk to you. You got beauty, booty and brains. If mine was natural like yours I would'nt have went to DR to get it done. Embrace those imperfections cuz I know somebody will like them."

I dabbed my tears away with a napkin and hugged tab. She always making me feel better when I don't feel good about myself. I've always been insecure about myself as a whole. I want to say nice things about myself but I wouldn't even know where to begin. If I don't hear it from tab or Chris then I won't ever hear it. I'm use to not hearing compliments about myself. I guess I just stuck with it.

"Ari I know you hear me. We have to go meet up with Chris and Dave at his house."

"Sorry, got lost in my thoughts."

We left the house and made our way to Dave's house. His was even bigger than Chris's house. This house was meant to be on tv. How much did this house cost because I know it was well over ten million. This is a movie stars house. We stepped out of the car and knocked on the door. Chris came to the door with a widespread smile on his face.

"Riri you out the house today. You gone have fun. Now I gotta let you know who to watch out for." He said bear hugging me

"I'm listening."

"Don't talk to cousin scoob. He a hoe and he got sticky fingers. So never leave your purse around, always hold it and never put your phone down. Number two, stay away from uncle Leroy. He a big time pimp and if he see somebody he know don't he will try to traffic your ass and nobody will know you left the house. And number three, it's a few messy aunties and they love to start drama. Don't entertain them and you don't have to answer their questions. All they doing is looking for some mess and tea to spread across their friend groups. Lastly Shadow kinda told everybody that you're his girlfriend so they will stop asking when he gone settle down."

He had me up until he said shadow told everyone I was his girlfriend. We barely talk to each other and he scares me to death. I don't agree to this foolery.

"Why did y'all say that to them people. Hell no. I will not pretend to be the girlfriend of someone I barely know and I'm already scared of him. Do you know how weird that would be with his arm around me and I'm damn near about to have a panic attack thinking that he might try to kill me."

"Please do it for him. It's just for one day."

"Well why didn't he ask me himself."

As if on queue shadow came downstairs looking like a damn meal. We locked eyes and he looked like he wanted to take me down. Crazy how this fine as man is a scary one. I think all of my freight went out the window when I saw him walking towards me. He stood taller than me by almost two feet. This man is extremely tall.

I wanted to say something but no words were coming out. His mouth was moving and all I could do was look in those soul snatchers and day dream. Him proving to his family that I'm his girlfriend means he would have to touch on me and kiss me and I don't know if I'm ready for all of that. It's been years since I've even been in a relationship. I'm a virgin to this relationship shit.

"Did you hear me Ariana?" He said knocking me out of my thoughts

"Look sir I honestly don't wanna do this and I'm not use to being around this many people. You scare me and how can I pretend to be your girlfriend and I'm afraid of you. I don't like being put in awkward situations."

"Why are you afraid of me? I told you I would never hurt you."

"You are always giving out an evil look and a Death stare. You stare at me like I'm the enemy and I'm your next target. Plus you kill people for a living and I don't wanna be one of them." I said no looking in his eyes

"I would never harm you. I know you're mad fragile and timid. I just want you to not be scared of me and actually talk to me. You never wanna speak when I come around." He lifted my head up to look in his eyes

"I'm sorry. I'm just not used to people and I'm not the most comfortable around others. It took me a minute to really open up to Chris."

"Fuck Chris this me you're talking too. How about we start over and you actually make conversation with me this time."

"I can do that but please don't give me that evil stare. It makes me anxious."

"You got my word and you looking real good right now. Don't get these niggas killed cuz I don't play that shit bout my lady."

"Jesus he's already acting crazy. Save me from this lord." I laughed slightly scared that he might actually hurt somebody at that cookout for even looking at me

We hugged and I felt his arm snaked around my waist. His touch alone was sending shock waves through my body. I don't know if I'll be able to handle today. Jesus give me the strength.

We made it to his truck and him and Chris coached me on everything there is to know about shadow. He even gave me his real name to call him by. The whole ride he kept his hand on my thigh giving it a light squeeze and a few rubs. That right there had me a little soaked. Thank god I brought extra panties and panty liners.