~ Two ~

Nika P.O.V

"Did you hear a new girl is getting brought onto the media team?" I over Ice talking to Azzi who shakes her head before looking over to me.

"Did you have any idea Nika?"

"No." I answer with my curiosity peaked. So far last year the media teamed consisted of all bald, white men. So hearing a girl was getting added was definitely interesting.

"Coach G says it's a student here." Paiges voice sounds next to my ear, making me flinch a bit before I feel the blonde's arm around my shoulder.

"Shit, my bad." Paige laughs, laughing even harder when I move to elbow her slightly.

"Next time you decide to make your presence known, can it not be right next to my ear?"

"You got it, twin." Paige stands rimrod straight suddenly in a saluting position. I roll my eyes at the action, scoffing out a laugh and glancing at Azzi.

"That's your friend."

"Not today it's not."

"Hey!"

"Hey girls! Circle up! I think a few introductions are in order." Coach Geno says, walking out of the coaches office with a few girls behind her. A redhead and a girl with jett black her and brown eyes, my gaze lands on the latter for too long until Aaliyah elbows me in the side.

"You're staring." She whispers, instantly making me look elsewhere.

"Now you guys know the freshmen recruits, obviously." He nods towards the freshmen that recently joined, KK giving a wave as he does so before Geno steps aside, letting the two girls behind him step forward. As he does that I just notice the height difference between the two, the one with black hair being almost if not the same height as me.

"Wait... " KK suddenly speaks up before either of the two others do, "Girl, I know you. You're Alyssa Knight right?"

The girl with black hair, Alyssa I guess, smiles a bit with a small chuckle.

"Yeah that's me."

"Oh, do you two know each other?" Geno looks between the two as KK just shakes her head.

"Nah, I just follow her on Instagram. She's a beast at volleyball and softball. Girlie boo literally slays."

"Never say that again, please KK." I laugh at Quadance's voice as do the rest of the girls, even Geno joining in.

"Alright well girls, I'm sure you've heard we're bringing a new member onto the media team." He gestures towards the redhead, "This is Maia Parker."

A choruses a 'Hi's' fill the gym as Maia waves before speaking up with a clap.

"Hi everyone! It's so good to meet you all." The girl, Maia, I remind myself as the light green gaze washes over my team, the way the photographers eyes stay a little longer on the blonde on my shoulder doesn't escape me, I smirk.

"I'm Maia Parker as Coach Geno said. I'm 21 and a junior here. I'm majoring in film and digital media so thats a little bit about me. Um... what else, I used to play basketball as a kid but as you can see," She gestures to herself, "In the end I wasn't blessed with the height genes, this beanstalk over here was." Maia points to the girl next to her making our team laugh.

"But yeah, I'm hoping we can all become really good friends! I promise you guys I'll get some amazing shots and videos of you. Oh and I'll definitely make our tiktok blow up." She says with a wink.

"I like her already." Kk announces making everyone laugh again.

"Did you have Psychology with Bennett last year?" I hear Paige ask next to me, directed towards Maia and I raise an eyebrow.