~ Six ~

Maia P.O.V

"Lyz are you almost done? Paige is outside waiting for us!" I call out, the blonde having offered to drive us to the club we were meeting her team and Alyssa's at. The D1 player saying, and I quote, 'You've driven me twice, time for me to return the favor'.

The memory makes me roll my eyes fondly, it's been two weeks since I officially started as a part of the media team for them and despite it only being two weeks, I was getting along with the team very, very well and I could see Alyssa was as well.

"Yeah once second!" I hear my best friends voice call out from her room, before hearing a few things crashing around behind the door making me flinch slightly. I blink, making my way over and knocking on the shut door.

"You alright in th-" The door quickly opens with a half dressed Alyssa pulling me into the room.

"More Masc or more fem?" She asks quickly, looking in her closet, various amount of shoes on the floor. I laugh, Alyssa's day to day was a mixture of both honestly so I just shrugged and spoke the first word that popped in my mind.

"Fem." She nods at my choice before grabbing an outfit from her closet, disappearing into the bathroom.

"Give me five!"

I laugh again, moving to sit on her bed as I feel a vibration in my purse that's around my shoulder. Removing the strap from off my shoulder and sticking my hand into the bag I take out my phone, smiling at the name on it before answering.

"You guys alright in there?" The voice on the other side of the line jokes,, I can feel my smile growing a bit just from hearing the girl talk.

"Oh you know, Lyz is just having a last minute indecisive spree. Nothing new." I answer, looking at my nails before fixing my black halter top. When getting ready I had decided on a white halter top, black jeans and some black and white converse, nothing too fancy but definitely enough to catch certain eyes at a club. "We'll be out soon, I promise. Sorry for being late."

"Don't worry ma, I'm in no rush. Just wanted to make sure my girls were alright. I'll be out here." Paige responds with a laugh before ending the call, my heartbeat speeding up from the tone and word choice she had used before shaking my head and running a hand through my hair. After practice yesterday, I had convinced Alyssa to help me dye my hair, so as I look into the standing mirror Alyssa has in her room, I smile at the brown, chestnut hair looking back at me.

I wonder how Paige is going to react...

"Alright I'm ready, sorry." Alyssa speaks, coming out of the bedroom door with ripped denim jeans and a black crop top on, the garment being short enough to definitely show off her abs that were usually hidden underneath a longer shirt or sweatshirt. The volleyball player moves across the room, reaching over me and grabbing a pair of silver earrings and a necklace. The girl putting the earrings on before handing me the necklace, bending down slightly. "Can you?"

I nod, moving to clip the jewelry around the back of her neck before patting her shoulder when I was done. Watching the other stand up to her full height. "Not too shabby, Knight." She grins back at me.

"Why thank you Miss Parker." She drawls, holding out a hand towards me. "Shall we? I believe your knight in shining armor waits outside." The comment causes me to roll my eyes with a blush, but I take my best friends hand.

"We shall."

_______________________________________

"You look really good. I'm loving the new hair." Paige says to me as we walk into her view, the older female moving to open her car door for me as I smile at her, noticing the tint on her cheeks.