~ Nineteen ~

Paige's P.O.V

"Four days. It's been four days since I texted her and she hasn't responded." Nika mumbles in front of me as we're doing partner shooting drills. I dribble the ball she passes to me, taking a quick step back before shooting a fade away from the paint, the ball smoothly going in with nothing but net.

"I mean," I pause, trying to think of a less harsh way to put it as she catches the ball underneath the basket, sending it back to me. "You kissed the girl, while she was already emotional. And then basically said it was a mistake and you'd never do it again."

"I panicked!" Nika groans out in frustration, accent getting thicker the madder she gets.

I shoot again, the ball banking on the backboard and in. I hear the shutter of a camera before glancing over at my girlfriend, throwing up a rock symbol and sticking my tongue out as she takes another. Maia peeks from behind the camera, shaking her head before moving the lens to my teammates.

Looking back at my annoyed twin as I catch the ball, I sigh, letting her continue to talk.

"And now she's on the way to New York and I can't talk to her face to face until maybe Monday, this shit sucks."

"Why didn't you try to talk to her before she left with her team?"

"I didn't want to push her, if she didn't respond she obviously didn't want to be bothered with me, but I need to clear things up, I hate it."

I nod, tilting my head slightly. "Though she did respond, you just didn't like it."

She gives me a blank stare, "It was a two word, dry 'It's fine' response from her. You know Alyssa, she's far from dry when texting." And I make a face nodding to agree. So much for trying to comfort Nika she knew her just as well as we did, if not almost as good as Maia and Cailtin by now.

I don't know how that girl doesn't see that Alyssa is attached to her, but that's not for me to say.

"Do you still want to come over to their apartment with me tonight? For dinner and whatever we do after?" I ask, trying to change the subject, Maia and I had planned for a dinner date after practice but after seeing how down the situation was making Nika, we both agreed that having her tag along would be good.

"Are you two sure? I don't want to third wheel you guys."

I laugh, shooting again but following my ball to the girl this time, slinging my arm around her shoulder as she catches the bucket.

"Your my twin, N. We're fam. Of course we want you to hang with us."

She gives a small smile that doesn't reach her eyes, "Alright, sure."

__________

"I'm telling you guys." Maia pipes up, spaghetti cooking on the stove while garlic bread was in the oven. "Love is blind has me crying sometimes."

The comment warrants a laugh out of me as I sit on the couch, Maia sitting infront of me on the floor messing with her laptop and editing pictures from today and yesterday's practice. Nika stays quiet on the opposite couch.

I glance over at Maia as she glances back at me, shrugging at my girlfriend who pouts, looking in Nika's direction with concern.

"Hey, look at this shot." Maia says again, warranting my eyes to drift away from the phone and to her on the floor. Showing a back shot of Nika dribbling the ball up the court in her scrimmage jersey, I was guarding her and in the background who can see the body's of our teammates, running a play. But the only one in focus was Nika, the number on the back of her vest and her arm indicting play to be run.