~ Sixteen ~

Nika's P.O.V

Hours later, close to 1 A.M I concede as I look at my phone and Alyssa's party was still going on, more so turning into a sleepover like hang out at Maia's fathers home. Alyssa's teammates had gone back to campus early in the day as they had last minute homework to do, the same with some of my own teammates.

Those who were left gathered in one of the guest rooms as we played Truth or Dare. Paige was settled in a big, red beanbag chair with Maia cuddled into her, Kk was sitting with Caroline, Ice, Quadance, Caitlin, Kate, Aubrey and Azzi on the floor while Alyssa and myself sat on the bed.

"When are you giving her the gift?" Caitlin had asked me a bit earlier on the day, knowing that I had the matching gift to her own, plus the thought behind mine. A small knowing grin on her face.

"I need to find a good time... You know how Alyssa is with the spotlight, if I give it to her in front of everyone, everyone's going to make a big fuss." Caitlin had nodded in acknowledgement, "You got this Muhl, don't overthink it."

"Oh how I'm overthinking it.." I mutter to myself as it was already 1AM, technically past her birthday, and I hadn't even given it to her.

"Did you say something?" Alyssa shifts next to me, moving as she extending her Legg so she wasn't sitting on her wrapped ankle, I shook my head, lying.

"Nothing important."

She raises an eyebrow and I give a weak smile, trying to convince her otherwise.

"Nika..." She says with a slight warning tone as I just softly laugh.

"It's nothing, promise." I speak in Croatian, my homeland accent instantly coming put to accompany the words. Alyssa's eyebrows furrow before she glances away, looking back towards the girls who were playing the game. Kk had currently been dared to give a dance routine to 'Get it Sexy'.

"BOW BOW BOW." Kk yells, dropping into her signature bounce and making the girls in the room laugh as she finishes, sitting back down before looking around the room.

"Alyssa, truth or dare."

Alyssa blinks, "Truth." She says with almost with no hesitation making Maia groan in Paige's lap.

"So boring."

"Shut it, Parker." Alyssa shoots back, before listening to Kk.

"If you could have a free fuck with anyone here, who would it be?" The room goes silent at the question as Kk has a big smug grin on her face.

"You know," Alyssa says, her face slightly red and voice a bit higher than usual. "I think I'm just going to drink for that one and not answer." That was also another rule we had, if you didn't want to answer a truth you'd take a shot.

"We're out of the bottle from earlier," Maia states, as at least everyone in the room had taken at least one shot by now.

"I'll go get another." The volleyball player quickly says, standing up from the bed and walking out the door and preassumingly downstairs to get another body.

"So... are you not going to go with her?" Quandance speaks up, looking at me as the rest of the eyes on the room does. I blushes, muttering how the whole bunch of them HAD to be praying on my downfall. I lock eyes with Caitlin before I exit the room, who just nods at me.

The pure size of Maia's father's gone alone was insane, it shouldn't have been such a surprise to me when the girl literally said her father covered their rent and more, I knew they had to be well off, but this was an entirely different level.

Walking down the stairs, I hear Alyssa singing to herself softly in the kitchen as she looks for another bottle of whatever she was going to choose.

"So the song is stuck in your head now too huh?" I comment as the lyrics of 'Get it Sexy' were now falling from her mouth instead of KK's phone. She jumps, knocking her head on the cabinet above her before moving her hand to cover the top of her head, grimacing.