~ Twenty-Eight ~

December 1st

Maia's P.O.V

The crowd in the volleyball center was louder than I had ever heard it before, which granted, this was the first time in over 4 plus years that the team was in the national championship, Uconn being ever so lucky to be the hosting team. Our own team facing against Stanford, making the crowd a mix of red and green, and blue and white.

Alyssa had been back and cleared to go as of last week, the girl having been practicing almost non-stop everyday to try and convince her coach that she could help win the championship game alongside her teammates, and it seems like the hard work she had put in worked as she was one of the few girls dressed for the night. Much to mine and I'm sure Nika's relief, if she didn't start tonight with the stress she was putting herself through mentally and physically, I know Nika would be bothered, so would I a bit.

"HUSKY NATION!" Kk yells as the girls jog out of their team tunnel, starting up a cheer with the crowd as the girls basketball team leads it alongside a few of the other sports that came to support, but of course with me being seated right with them I heard them over the loud screams.

Paige joined in, standing up with Kk and flexing before pointing at the husky on her shirt, dapping Nika up before doing the same with Aubrey next to her. I laughed at the sight of the athletes and students all getting hype.

"AND WELCOME EVERYONE TO THE NCAA D1 WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH! TODAYS LINE UP IS NONE OTHER THAN OUR UCONN HUSKIES, UP AGAINST THE STANFORD TREES!"

The crowd gets louder as the announcers blare over the loud speaker. I watch as both teams begin to warm up after a quick huddle.

"And Ryan Sperling has switched from defensive specialist back to libero for this match, leaving Alyssa Knight as our front row outside hitter! Now Knight has had to sit out the last 6 playoff games due to her injury at the New York Exhibition tournament, but her strong playing through conference is one of the main reasons they were able to fight for this spot. Do you believe it's the right choice bringing her into today Dave?"

"Thank you Bianca, now. If I were the coach, I'm not too sure I would pit her in after almost a month of no live experience, but we are unknowing of what has gone on behind scenes, maybe Knight has proven herself to belong in this spot once again."

I once again, like many times before with their announcers zone out. My hands holding the camera around my neck, Alyssa had specifically asked me to try and capture photos of today so here I am. The basketball team all had women's volleyball tshirts on in support, while Nika had on one of Alyssa's hoodies. The dark-brunette cheering with her team as I smile, taking a picture of the scene infront of me before Paige grabs my arm, pulling me gently into the jumping cheers they were doing as I join them.

"Aye, aye shut up you guys they're starting!" Quadance surprisingly yells loud enough for us to hear her over the cheers, the girls sitting down in their seats as the volleyball team took their positions on the court.

_________

Alyssa's POV

My eyes scan the crowd as the game is about to start, trying to look for my girlfriend and friends but failing with the surprisingly but unsurprisingly packed gym. Uconn loved their sports, and with volleyball jot having been the best in the past few years, this was definitely a huge talking point and turn for the university.