~ Eighteen ~

(If yall saw me accidently post 19 instead of 18 no you didn't)

Nika's P.O.V

"AND THE HUSKY'S TAKE THEIR EIGHT STRAIGHT WIN OF THE YEAR AGAINST, BEATING DEPAUL UNIVERSITY IN A CLEAN 3-0 SWEEP!"

Paige and I jump out of our seats as Alyssa let's the final point of the game, a straight hit down between the libero and one of their defensive specialists.

"That's our Knight!!" Paige yells, flexing before hitting her chest as the blonde yells, obviously hyped as I yell as well alongside Maia, who laughs but is as excited at us. It was a month and a half into Alyssa's season and the girl's team was currently undefeated with an 8-0 record, a completely 180 change from the record of the team last year. The new freshmen their coach had picked up were definitely game changers.

Alyssa herself had, had her confidence shoot up tremendously much to my liking. Her anxiety attacks have become far and few in the beginning of her games, and even with the few times that it would happen her eyes would scan the crowd for mine and I would help to calm her down. Maia would fake being jealous at the fact that I was looked for more than me now but I would just blush and fake a confident answer, saying I was just better.

It was a little over three months since meeting these girls, and every day I found myself falling for Alyssa more and more, almost to an unbearable point as Paige had started helping me plan a way for me to ask the girl out. Despite having gone out unofficially multiple times with thegirls, falling asleep together and literally helping calm each other down emotionally, I still was a nervous mess around her.

Paige nudging into me was what brought me out of my own head, cheering and screaming still echoing in the gym around us. She suddenly points in front of us and I look back at the floor, seeing Alyssa looking at us and then the crowd, bringing her arms up in a flex which Paigeband I copy back at her. The crowd going wild at the freshmen stars antics before she disappeared into the locker room with her team.

"Your girl is a beast, Nika." Paige commented when we started to go down the stairs, going to our usual meeting spot that Alyssa would find us at after her team talks and such.

I left the my girl comment go, because the thought of being able to refer to her as mine was so very appealing. I just shrug, laughing as I do so, "You think I would choose mediocre?"

"Oh shit thats crazy." Paige laughs, slapping the back of my shoulder before going to her girlfriend, the two had been together a month already and were most definitely still attached at the hip, so much so that Geno had to make Paige run a few extra suicides for zoning out to watch the photographer take her pictures of our practice.

The two decidingly decided to keep their relationship private as well, unless they were around the team or friends because who knew how crazy social media would turn it with Paige's fame. The two opting to just act like very close friends instead of hand holding and kissing in the public eye, it didn't seem to bother them as they both still seemed to be very happy.

"Hey guys." Alyssa'a voice snaps my attention to her, the athlete walking up to us with her backpack on. The volleyball player moving to give Maia and Paige a hug before the girl stopped in front of me, grinning.

"Hi Nika."

"Hi Alyssa." I smile back, hugging thegirls, "Great game today. You guys all played amazing."

"Eight game win streak!! You guys are literally unstoppable, you guys blocked like, what, ateast 15 points? They couldn't so anything messing around with you guys." Paige exclaims, shaking the volleyball player by her shoulders slightly as Alyssa laughs, shrugging her shoulders when Paige finishes.