~ Twenty-Six ~

November 12th, Saturday

Nika's P.O.V

I get brought back to the waking world because of the sound of Paige's voice talking to someone on the phone, groggily opening my eyes I squint at the alarm clock on my side of the room.

Who the fuck is she talking to at 3 in the morning and why so loud...

I think with a small groan, moving to turn away from the noise, my back facing Paige's tired voice.

"Baby?" My twin's husky voice comes out, and at the term of endearment I attempt to zone into the conversation more, knowing it was my friend on the other line.

"Are you you okay?" I hear her ask and pause as Maia assumingly responds on the other line, I feel a stare on my back, causing me to tiredly turn around, looking at my best friend who's looking back at me.

Paige rubs her eyes, starting to sit up. "Yeah, Nika is up too, is something wrong with A?"

I start sitting up at that as well, swinging my legs over the side of the bed and going to Paige's as she motions me over, putting her phone in speaker .

"Maia?" I question, I hear rustling come from the phone and quiet sobbing. Maia gently shushing someone before her voice comes in.

"Nika, Lyz needs you. She's having a really bad panic attack, she woke up from a bad dream I'm assuming but I'm barely getting anything out of her." Another rustle and another pause.  

"Lyz sweetie, breathe for me hun okay? It's okay, you're going to be okay."

"I'll be there in five." I respond without a beat hearing my girlfriends quick breaths on the other line, the volleyball player pretty much hyperventilating and Maia trying to calm her down. Maia responds with a thank you before hanging up, Paige putting her phone on her bed before getting up with me as I threw on a black Uconn sweatshirt over my sleep shirt. Paige doing the same but wearing a white one.

Rushing to try and find my keys, he blonde just stops me, grabbing her lanyard that was still laying on her iPad from her earlier work.

"I'll drive, let's go."

"You're coming?" I question, Paige loved her sleep something heavy, it took her a lot to even wake up, not to mention not going back to sleep at three am.

"Duh, Lyz is my friend too, and my girlfirends best friend. I'm worried if she's okay too. I want to go check on both of them with you." I nod as I just move to rush out towards the taller girls car, Paige following bejjd with a light jog.

__________

Maia opens the door and I quickly move past her towards Alyssa's bedroom. My twin and her girlfriend saying something in hushed voices back in the living room. My hearing muffled from whatever they were saying as I walked into Alyssa's room. My eyes instantly training onto the girl who was sitting on the bed, knees curled to her chest and head resting on it as the girls back rose and fell shakely.

"Baby..." I speak in Croatian, my voice coming out soft over my girlfriends hiccupped breaths. I honestly don't even know if she heard me because she flinches when I sit down next to her, the bed dipping throwing her off before she looked up, noticing it was me. Her expression relaxing slightly but her breaths still coming out in a semi-hyperventilating manner.