~ Three ~

Alyssa's P.O.V

"So you're telling me none of you guys have ever made nachos out of the bowl?" Maia blinks, pointing a chip  with rice, black beans, queso and corn at the women's team before eating the chip with a small hum as a majority of the team who was listening shook their heads no.

"It's good. Maia got me hooked on it honestly, I love burritos though so I usually get those." I add to the conversation, eating a chip that Maia's feeds to me with a grin.

"Ooh can I try one?" Kk asks, my best friend nodding before feeding her one as well.

"Mama E has competition." Azzi laughs

"Mama E, Momma M" Ice speaks up with a giggle, making both Evina and Maia look at each other with a laugh.

"Hey any help I can get with these clowns is more than welcome." Evina jokes as Maia giggles.

"Yes ma'am." Maia comments before Paige starts talking to her. I smile at the interaction before taking another bite of my burrito.

"Chicken or Beef?"The foreign language barely registers to me but aa it does I look to my right, seeing Nika peering over to look at my food.

"Beef." I respond in English, not being able to think of the right word despite her just saying it, my brain didn't want to work that way.

The team pauses as they hear me respond to Nika, the Croatian native and I blinking, looking at each other and then giggling.

"You can understand her?" Dorka asks intrigued and I nod, hearing a similar accent from her. Now realizing that this is one of the first times I've really heard her speak, she was definitely from a European country.

I nod, "The volleyball team I said I played for overseas turned out to be her homeland. I've learned a good bit, nothing close to fluent but I can understand way more than I can speak it."

The team nods at that as Kk suddenly speaks up, "Sick, now you can tell us what she says when Paige annoys her. I always thought it was cussing her out but now we can know for sure."

I laugh at that.

"I'll try my best and be a fine translater Captain Arnold." I salute to the fellow freshmen who returns it. Both of us laughing afterwards.

"Here, try some." I say, offering a bite of the burrito to the girl as the team resumed its multiple, separate conversations. Nika perks up a bit before sliding her own plate of chicken tacos towards me as well, making me smile as I had the burrito to her to take a bite.

Reaching towards one of the small tacos, I take a bite before humming in delight.

"Keep it, I still have two more." Nika mumbles before taking a bit of my own burrito as I nod to the girl appreciatively. I laugh as Nika takes a second bite of my burrito, trying to be sneaky but I catch her as I finish off the gifted taco.

"You know you didn't have to sneak it." I comment as she hands the food back to me, "I would've let you had as much as you like." I finish, moving to take a napkin, gently wiping at Nika's cheek as she freezes.

I blink myself stuttering slightly, "Sorry... you had a bit of uh, sour creme there." She looks at me before shaking her head slightly, coming out from whatever had frozen her to begin with.

"Thank you Alyssa."

"No problem." I spoke as we continued to eat.