~ Twenty ~

October 29th
Nika's P.O.V

The woman's basketball team gathered together in our team room to watch the championship in the New York volleyball tournament. Paige turning the TV to the correct channel. However my mind was still on the message she had sent me earlier asking if we could talk when she got back to Connecticut. Of course I had instantly responded, wanting nothing more.

She had also apologized for not responding which I appreciated as well.

"Awww, look at Alyssa boo." Kk comments as the camera catches the teams walking out, a bowl of chips in her hand as she sits on one of the couches we had in the team room, Caroline and Aubrey sat on her sides whike Paige, Maia, Azzi and I sat on another couch, the rest of the girls scattered between standing or sitting on the floor.

"It is so good to be here casting today's New York Exhibition Championship Uconn vs St. John's University with you, Bianca!"

"Likewise Dave."

The casters make theirselves known one of them being a caster I had heard before at Uconn's own volleyball games. The announcers continue with introductions, the camera panning to each of the starters as they do, each doing a little wave or introduction sort of ritual.

"And last but not least, one of Uconn's newest but very recognizable faces is their number 4, Alyssa Knight who seems to be playing the position of outside hitter tonight."

The girls in the room cheered, Kk screaming as she yelled Alyssa's name. On screen, Alyssa glances at straight at the camera, waving before pointing at the number four and uconn written on her chest with a wink. The group laughs and Kk whistles.

"Now Dave, their previous libero was injured yesterday, leaving a sophomore to fill their shoes for the night. Kalea did an amazing job if doing so but do you think she'll be able to do the same tonight?"

"We'll definitely just have to wait and see."

"Now as a reminder for everyone watching at home. This is Uconn's first appearance in this tournament in over 3 years as it is invitation only. And anyone who watched volleyball knew Uconn's record wasn't anything to beat about."

"Damn, they aren't pulling any punches huh?  Azzi says, leaning back the couch.

"The media never does." I comment and the room nods in agreement, the announcers voice starting to fade a bit  as I focused on the game playing on screen as it started. The rest of the girls around me also grew slightly quieter as we watched.

Uconn loses the first set by alot, 15-25 and I could see that the stand in libero they were talking about was heavily struggling. Uconn's team huddle near their bench, and suddenly Alyssa was being given a blue jersey, the opposite to the white the team was changing

"Oh shit?" Paige says sitting up, "They're changing her spot?" And before she even fully finishes the sentence the announcers speak up.

"And it seems like Alyssa Knight is being switched to playing libero for the night! This isn't her first time playing libero as she went between libero and outside hitter during highschool and excelled at it. However, how will she fair with her first time playing the position in a college match?" The female announcers speaks.