~ Twelve ~

Maia P.O.V

"You know I can help right?" I hear Alyssa's voice behind me. It was Monday, two days after Alyssa hurt herself causing for the athlete to become antsy at not being as active as she liked. I wave her off as I struggle to mic Nika up correctly, having to have the taller athlete bend down and move a few awkward directions so I could reach what needed to clip certain wires and pins to.

"You, need to not be standing as much as you can." Nika speaks up for me, leading me to thank the girl as I finish pinning a wire in place to her sports bra, letting her move her shirt back in place on her shoulder before clipping the mic to the front of her shirt.

"I sprained by ankle, not break it, I can do simple tasks." Alyssa snapped slightly annoyed as she crosses her arms. "Jesus you guys treat me like a toddler."

"Well, I am three years older than you." Nika laughs, knowing it would rile up the freshman even more.

"2! My birthday is literally Friday, that's four days!"

"Go with the rest of your team before you give the girl a stroke, Nika." I laugh softly, patting the girls back as she grins at Alyssa before nodding a thanks to me and jogging to her team who was huddled up. I see Paige high five her, saying something into the mic on her shirt that I couldn't hear because I didn't have my headphones in yet to listen before turning around and giving me a wave with a smile.

I smile and return the wave.

"Gay." Alyssa laughs, suddenly perking up as I sit next to her, letting her have one of my airpods to listen into the mic'd up, as I open my laptop, pulling up the program that would allow me to adjust the sound, mics sensitivity and various other settings.

"The heaviest part of your body is what?" Geno's voice is what grabs my attention, the coaches voice echoing through my headset as I glance up at , talking to a panting Nika.

"My head." She answers back, hand on her hips as the international player takes deep breathes, trying to slow her heart rate from the workout. I glance over at Alyssa, knowing that she could hear the conversation too, seeing the volleyball players eyes looked on Nika causing me to let out a chuckle. She throws a glare my way for a quick second before her eyes go back to Nika.

"Right." Geno states with a proud tone to his voice, "So when your head drops. The rest of your body goes out of bounds." I see Nika nod at this as Geno finishes his sentence, the older male walking off to take notes and give advice to his other players who were currently shooting around and running drills.

Nika takes a few more deep breathes, eyes looking over to where one of my cameras were set up before looking in the direction of Alyssa and I, grabbing the front of her shirt and pulling the mic close to her mouth.

"Just the smartest man in the country." Her joking voice comes through the mic as I hear Alyssa laugh besides me. The Croatian recieves a ball before shooting a mid-paint two pointer, turning away from us. "The smartest man. Boss man."

"Someone's a little sassy today." I comment, jokingly to Alyssa next to me, the girl nodding in agreement with a entertained laugh before moving to stretch her injured leg onto the bleacher in front of us. "You alright?"

"Yeah, my leg just started to cramp up in the way it was before."

I nod, content with the answer the taller girl had given me before looking back to my laptop, adjusting to make the background noise picked up from the mic lower and voices a bit louder.

"Testing, testing, 1, 2, 3, can the pretty brunette on the laptop hear me?" I look up again as I hear the blonde's voice in my ear, watching Paige as the girl leans towards the microphone on Nika's shirt, her eyes looking in my direction as she grins and waves.