~ Fifthteen ~

Alyssa's P.O.V

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" My bed dips below me, waking me up from my slumber as I hear the yell.

"What the fuck.." I groan tiredly, moving to try and pull the blanket over my head more, not really registering whatever words had come from the yell. Our Saturday volleyball game had gotten canceled due to some controversy scandal with our opponents, leading to Coach giving us Friday, today, off.

The cover that was being used to hide my head from the light seeping in my windows was suddenly ripped away from me, causing me to yelp as a body lays on top of mine.

"Seriously. I let you sleep in a bit already because it's your birthday, but it's time to get up, come on." Maia lays on top of me, the older woman poking at my cheek, the action causing me to grown as I swat at the digit.

"Jesus christ, okay, okay I'm up stop poking me like I'm a foreign object." A yawn escapes me before I finally open my eyes. Maia's grinning face the first thing showing in my vision, followed by the sight of Cailtin and Kate softly laughing in the doorway.

"Hey sleepyhead." Caitlin's raspy voice greets, the girls hair wet as she had just gotten out the shower or so I assuming by the yellow/black pajama bottoms, black sports bra and white towel hanging around her neck.

"Hi Birthday girl. How's it feel to not be a teenager anymore?" Kate adds as well, I don't miss the way her eyes longer on the form slightly in front of her however, tired and all.

"The same as nineteen. Yet I'm about 5 seconds away from committing manslaughter on a 5'4 gremlin in fornt of me." My eyes squint as I glare on the laughing girl on my bed. The opposite side that Maia is sitting on dips as Caitlin sits down, hugging me from the side before laying her head on my shoulder, putting a small box in my hands. Maia jaw drops.

"Hey I was going to give her one of my gifts first!"

"You snooze you lose, Parker." The hawk laughs, sitting back into an upright position.

Curiously, I open the box revealing a gold bracelet a small clasp on the frontside of the jewelery.

"It opens." Caitlin says, reaching over to open the clasp, revealing a picture of her, myself and Maia as young teenagers. My eyes crinkled as I smile, eyes watering slightly as the memory surfaces, instantly moving to hug Caitlin in a tight embrace, thanking my friend.

"There's a second part to that gift. But not from me, I won't say who it's coming from or when though." She adds quickly, seeing my mouth open before I pout at the quick rejection. I move, gently placing the jewelery back into its container. Caitlin takes it from my hands, putting it on my nightstand as I start to get up.

"Now hurry up and get ready, we have a surprise waiting on you." Maia ushers me to my dresser before pushing me towards the bathroom.

"Okay, okay I'm going!" I laugh, closing the door behind me.

_______

"SURPRISE!" I freeze as Caitlin, Kate, Maia and I walk through Maia's fathers front door. A banner with 'Happy 20th' hanging on one of the tan walls while uconn's women basketball team and a few teammates that I had gotten along with smiled brightly at me. I turn to the three girls I had arrived with, Kate softly smiling as Caitlin and Maia laugh.

"This is where you guys kept disappearing to all week, wasn't it?" They nod their head at my question, as Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday night the three were always having separate excuses for arriving to the apartment late. My eyes drift back to the spacious home, decorated with fairy lights, white and blue balloons floating on the ceiling  and more decorations scattered around.