~ Ten ~

(Pls note now I have NO clue om the commentary Uconn gets during volleyball games, I'm just basing this on some of the commentary I've heard from my own/other colleges)

Nika's P.O.V

The seats that we had chosen to sit at were near the broadcasters/announcers booth because according to Paige. It's the best of both worlds, good view and being able to hear all the "hot" tea being talked about. We all rolled our eyes at the athletes comment but followed her nonetheless.

Not long after we arrived, the girls volleyball team had begun to come out of their hallway. Noticing Jess nearby Alyssa made a scowl grow on my face, however the expression quickly disappearing as I saw the female barely paying attention to girl beside her, instead the girls eyes were roaming the crowd.

"Hey guys, Alyssa's looking at us." Kk suddenly said, pointing to where I was already staring. Alyssa's eyes had gone from Cailtin who was sitting behind me, to locking eyes with me. I instantly recognized the panic in her eyes as I raised my hand in a breathing motion, trying to calm her from a far.

It seemed to work for a split second as I saw her trying to mimic the action before her coach had called her team in to start getting ready for the game.

I sighed, "Please be alright I muttered.." As I'm leaning back into my chair more I feel a hand land ok my shoulder causing me to glance behind me. Caitlin giving me a thankful nod for what I'm assuming is trying to help Alyssa, I give her a small smile in return before looking back forward.

Don't get me wrong, Caitlin was a super nice and sweet person, and even despite knowing she only had eyes for the Iowa athletes who was sitting next to her, it still made me a bit jealous seeing how close her and Alyssa were. Stupid feelings.

"Introducing Georgetown's starting line up!" The intercom in the gym suddenly sparks to life, the announcers rolling through the names of a few players with minimal cheering coming from the tiny amount of fans who have traveled with the team.

"And now everyone it's time to meet, your very own husky starters!!" The cheering was now tenfold, blue and white raged through the gym as people clapped and jumped.

"First we have Ryan Sperling, a 5'7 freshman libero from Reno, Nevada."  A dirty blonde girl in a different color jersey than the rest of her team waves to the crowd as she's on the court.

"Next, we have Jess Perry, a 6'2 sophomore right side from Nashville Tennesse." I roll my eyes and Paige whistles.

"Damn that girl is tall, I never realized that."

"You're like 6 feet, that's probably why you didn't pay much attention." Maia offers, the blonde just struggling.

"Emma Rake, a 5'8 freshmen defensive specialist from Palm Springs, California."

I zoned out the next two players but I remember them being seniors.

"And last but certainly not least, probably the most anticipated newcomer of the night! Alyssa Knight, a 5'10 freshman outside hitter from Los Angeles, California!" The crowd goes wild once again, once the introductions are over.

I'm not even sure if Alyssa was paying attention or was aware that they were introducing the starters as she didn't even react when they were calling her name, the girl I had feelings for instead just staring through the next to the otherside of the court.

Soon enough the whistle was blown as one of Georgetown's players served the ball over the net, starting the game. I heard the announcers in the booth began to talk as I watched the game below.