~ Twenty-Two ~

November 1st, 2PM, Tuesday (Going to start showing the time and date like this)

Maia P.O.V

"You know, if you stare any harder at Paige, Geno might request a new photographer." I hear the comment behind me when I lower my lens, rolling my eyes slightly as I check the shot before starting to move more towards the right of the gym, snapping more pictures of the girls practicing.

"Be quiet up there before I take your glasses." My response causes Alyssa to fake gasp, the sunglasses the girl took up to wearing doing a bit of justice to ail her seemingly constant headaches, painkillers and all she would still have the thud pain of a migrane, just not as bad as it would be without. It especially got worst because of the sensitivity to light her eyes and head had at the moment, thus the sunglasses.

"So, you're trying to kill me, got it." Alyssa says from her spot on the bleachers, seemingly writing out a note in the air as she talks, causing me to chuckle.

"You're extra." I breathe out with a laugh, messing with settings on my camera to focus on Azzi as the girl takes a shot, my camera .aling a shutter sound as I snap the picture. "Alright this one's nice, definitely going on the insta." I mutter to myself as I look at the after shot, which was already great without any extra editing.

"How was practice today?" I ask the girl as I move back to the bleachers, climbing up a few steps to stand next to her. She shrugs.

"It was practice I guess. I can't do anything, Coach is having me help coach some of the girls up though, it's fun and a different perspective. I don't know how many if them are too keen about listening the a freshman though."

I let out a mixture between a short laugh and scoff at that. "Freshman or not, they should listen," I speak, before poking a finger into the girls sweatshirt. It being the championship sweatshirt they were given for winning the tournament last weekend.

"Especially after your performance helped them not only get invited to that, but also win the entire thing." She flushes at my words, I'd be dammed if anyone made my best friend feel less of herself.

"Point, blank, period." I hear Paige as she comes over to us, grabbing her water bottle that I had refilled foe her earlier. "Thanks pretty girl."

I smile at her before laughing, "Do you even know what we were talking about earlier?"

"No, but I heard win so I was assuming it was something good." The blonde admits with a laugh, drinking from her bottle before putting it next to me again, running back to her drills.

"Mmm, it's giving golden retriever, blonde hair and all." Alyssa jokes, laughing as my girlfriend goes back to practicing, the girl messing with Azzi and Nika.

"Speaking of golden retriever.." Alyssa tilts her head, "Have you talked to Nika yet?"

"How the fuck does that-"

"Don't play dumb, if it wasn't for that girl checking up on you would be a lost cause. Not to mention, you guys BOTH follow each other around." She blushes, rubbing her arm and looking away.

"Not yet, we're supposed to tonight though. I'm going to her dorm."

"And Paige is coming to the apartment, that makes more sense now."

"Why now? She's always at our place."

"True but she kept asking me to make sure you actually went out, now I'm assuming to talk to Nika." I laugh.

"Orrr she's just trying to get a taste of Maia Par-" I interrupt her, throwing my jacket at her which was next to me on the bleachers.

"You're done. Speaking privileges revoked, go to sleep, I'm going back to picture taking." I speak, my red face portraying my embarrassment as I leave the bleachers, going back to taking pictures and videos, and leaving a cackling Alyssa sitting.