~ Fourteen ~

Paige P.O.V

Thursday had come quicker than I thought, my excitement for my date with Maia making the days fly by quicker than a blink of an eye.

"You take any longer in there, and she might think you're flaking on her." Nika's voice registers in my mind as I shoot a glance to the open doorway of the bathroom, the Croatian athlete leaning on the doorframe with a pair of gray low-rise Nike sweatpants on and a black Nike sports bra, hair in a bun. My eyes roll at the comment before I look back into the mirror, taking in my appearance.

"I'm playing with you, but you are looking good P, you always did clean up nice." Nika comments, making a smile make its way to my lips as I feel a bit of confidence worm it's way into my otherwise nervous mood.

"You really think so?" I mumble, fixing my hair before turning to her fully. My outfit consisted of white Nike dunks, black pants, a white and orange shirt, along side a orange sleeveless vest. My hair in a half up, half down bun hairstyle.

Nika nods, moving to straighten my vest slightly before stepping back, crossing her arms across her chest. "I approve."

A laugh bubbles from my chest at the comment before I grab my phone and keys, walking past her. "Thanks twin."

"Have fun, don't do anything I wouldn't do!" Her voice floats through our dormroom as I open the door to walk out.

"No promises!" I joke as I leave, my cheeks slightly flushed at the implication before making the walk through the student-athlete building and down to the parking lot.

"Alright... Maia, maia.." I mumble as I sit down in my car, fingers scrolling through my phone before finding said girls contact and tapping call. The line ringing for a few moments before it clicks, indicating someone had picked up.

"Hi P!" Maia's cheery voice sounds through the other line, instantly making me smile to myself as the sound brightens my mood.

"Hi, pretty girl. You ready? I'm about to head over."

After speaking, a sound of shuffling movement comes from the otherside of the line before a mumer from a hushed voice is slightly heard, too low for me being able to pick up what was actually said though.

"Yeah! I'm ready, sorry. I ended up having to borrow one of Alyssa's jackets for my outfit since I didn't have any that matched."

"She chose to wear the ONE outfit that she didn't have a jacket to match with, for a date on a colder day. Make it make sense." Alyssa's voice carries  through the line as well, speaking after my date's comment. I chuckle, laughing at the background banter before responding.

"Hey, I'm just the driver here, I'm staying out of it."

"Yeah I'm sure you wouldn't care what she wears, for you, she could honestly be nak-"

"Andddd that's enough of out you, goodbye Alyssa!" The sound of a door shutting fills the line along with Maia's now high pitched voice. I chuckle at the cute noise, despite the red on my own cheeks, I cough trying to relieve some of the awkwardness that I knew the other girl must have been feeling. Maia sighs over the line.

"Sorry Paige, you know how she is."

"I know how she is," I echo, agreeing with a laugh. "Don't even worry about it Maia, I'll be there in 10."

"Okay, can't wait." She answers with a small hum before hanging up. I place my phone in the cup holder after the conversation, taking a deep breathe before reversing, starting to drive towards the apartment of the most beautiful girl I had ever laid my eyes on.