~ Nine ~

Alyssa's P.O.V

It's been about an hour and a half since Maia left already and I'm not going to lie, I was already getting bored and anxious about my first game tomorrow.

Caitlin, for whatever damn reason wasn't responding to my text messages which didn't help me at all either with her location off, my anxiety getting the best of me as I worried to myself if something was wrong.

I texted Nika as well, asking if the girl wanted to hang out with me since Maia was out, but sadly the girl was tied up with last minute assignments. I was even up to date with all my work, so it's not like I could do that.

"This fucking sucks." I groan, laying upside down on the couch, feet on the back rest as my head hung over the side. The living room now upside down in my eyes. Grumbling to myself, moving to sit upright and grabbing my phone. I scroll through spotify before putting my airpods in, closing my eyes as I let the music of Trevor Wesley and J.Cole take me to another place.

Aka zone out.

"You see the clout, you don't see the real me." J.Coles, the climb back, blares in my ears as I notice the doorknob shaking as if someone was trying to open it. My eyes widen as I hurriedly check the time, it wasn't even two hours since Maia left, 30 minutes since I started listening to music. She couldn't be home right?

My body still going through flight or fight suddenly calms when I see three figures walking in.

"Hey Paige, Maia. Something happen?" I smile in greeting to them before tilting my head seeing Nika. "What's Nika doing here? Didn't you have homework?"

The Croatian smiles at me sheepishly, not saying anything but just following behind Paige. I notice the bag of food Maia drops on the kitchen counter as the shorter girl comes next to sit next to me, Paige and Nika sitting on the couch across from us.

"Close your eyes."

"What?"

"You heard me Knight, close your eyes." Maia stares at me while playfully grinning, I lean back slightly from her before looking at Nika and Paige.

"Should I be concerned?" The twins shrug.

"Great talk I guess." I sigh out before closing my eyes, a few seconds pass by before I feel someone covering my eyes.

"I know how to keep my eyes closed, Parker. I'm not a kid." I grumble, slight annoyance making its way into my voice from not knowing what the fuck was going on.

"Mmm.. Last time I checked I wasn't 5'4." A raspy voice speaks out, instantly recognizing the owner as they move their hands I turn around quickly, not before a 'fuck you' from Maia gets out, seeing Caitlin standing behind the couch with a shit eating grin, Kate Martin standing behind her as well.

"No way!!" I yell, bouncing up from my seat and running around to the back of the couch, tackling a now laughing Cailtin into a bear hug, laying my head on her shoulder before I move away and hug Kate, still laughing before going back into Caitlin's arms.

"Hey Lyz." Caitlin says softly as I look up at her with a happy grin, my brain working miles per minute to figure out when the hell, how the hell and what the hell the two Iowa athletes were doing here before I suddenly pull away with a frown, making Caitlin tilt her head.

"You ass!" I hit her on the back of her head gently as she starts laughing again, knowing why I was upset now. "You had me seriously worried when you turned off your location, bitch!"

"It's the only way I knew the surprise would have been kept safe." She holds her hands up in surrender infront of me as I cross my arms, faking my anger with a pout that I can't hold long before I move to hug the taller girl again, Caitlins arms instantly enveloping me.