~ Eleven ~

Nika P.O.V

Watching Alyssa run towards the chairs towards the sideline already had my heart racing, my eyes flicking back and forth between the girl and the ball.

"She's going to crash into those." Aaliyah says with a mutter, most of my team and other girls having the same concern on our face.

"ALYSSA!" The voice carries through the now semi-silent gym, the cheering and noise having gotten slightly smaller as everyone's eyes were on Alyssa. After Jess calls for her, I see Alyssa's head glance down for a second before the girl jumps, pretty much supermanning herself over the obstacles in her path, the athlete managing to get the ball back over to her team before crashing to the ground, fallen chairs and the scoreboard hiding our view from her.

Maia had suddenly stood up when Alyssa managed to pass the ball back, Caitlin doing the same not even a second after. The play continues on the court but the sound almost goes mute for me as I keep my eyes on where Alyssa had disappeared.

"Oh fuck. She's not getting up." Kate was the first to speak, the rest of the girls seeming to be holding their breath. We notice Jess manage to block a ball for their final point, but none of the team nor the coach cheers because as soon as the play was done, they had all rushed to where Alyssa seemingly was.

"Please be okay, please be okay." I hear Maia muttering beside me, Paige pulling her into a side hug as both girls were keeping their eyes trained on the spot where she still hadn't gotten up or appeared from.

As the crowd around the area grew I finally stood up, starting to make my way through my teammates to get to the stairs.

"Nika? Where are you going?" Caitlin had asked, noticing me trying to rush through the crowded area.

"I need to make sure she's okay." Is all I say before Evina grabs my arm before I can fully get to the stairs to descend to the arena. I look at her with a confused expression as she suddenly points to the court, my eyes following her arm.

The intense worry on my face calms, switching to concern as I see Alyssa finally standing up with the help of one of her teammates, watching as they lead her to the bench. An athletic trainer seemingly doing some tests on her ankle. I continue watching until I see Jess hand her some crutches, the black-haired girl wobbling to get up, before the team slowly disappears into the hallway and towards their locker room.

"She's okay enough that she didn't have to be carried into the locker room. I'm thinking that rules out anything is torn or a concussion." Evina states after seeing the concern etched on my face, "I know how much you want to check on her but let the trainers do their last tests in the locker room and then you can go down, okay?"

I let out a breath, whether in relief or stress of not knowing how bad the girl was hurt, I didn't know.

"Okay."

_____________

Alyssa's P.O.V

"Okay. Maybe I underestimated being used to these." I grumble to myself, it was about 30 minutes after the game had ended and 10 minutes after I finished concussion testing, most of my teammates had already left or were outside taking to friends and family, leaving me struggling to put my backpack on, hold my shoes, and waterbottle's at the same.time.while using the crutches I needed to use for the next few days.

"Fuck!" I exclaimed, my water bottle falling from my hands and clattering to the ground, I wince at the sound of metal hitting the hard floor sending a shiver down my spine.

"That just sounded weird as hell." I complain, deciding to lay the crutches against the wall before trying to hobble and pick up the bottle.

"So I'm guessing you definitely don't need help?" I look up the voice, seeing Nika standing at the doorway of the lockeroom, giving me a slight smile but I can see the concern in her eyes.