Chapter 3 Getting Adopted

A/N: The picture above is what the furniture in her room looks like. The purple on the walls is the same purple she paints one of her walls. The bedding is also the same. I don't think the song needs an explanation.

 I don't think the song needs an explanation

Chapter 3 Getting Adopted

Two weeks later finals were finished and it was the last day of school. I didn't bother to bring anything but a note book and a pen. I figured that if we did nothing in class then at least I could draw. In my math class we played math jeopardy, which my team tied with Edward's. In English we watched a movie, in biology we watched a documentary, and lunch was normal. I sat beside all the Cullens at my own table. When the end of the day came I was glad. I was trying to figure out what to do now. I would be graduating in a few weeks.

I had lots of scholarships but I had no clue what I wanted to study or where I wanted to go. Probably somewhere warm so that my lack of a coat wouldn't be a problem. I would also need to get a job so I could get food. I stepped out of the school only to be drenched in seconds it was raining so hard. If I didn't get a home which I doubted I would any time soon then I would most definitely go to school somewhere drier and warmer.

When I stepped into the gray, dark, dank orphanage that I called home I was surprised to see Dr. Cullen and Jasper there. There was another woman with them who I assumed was Jasper's mom and Dr. Cullen's wife. They looked out of place in this place with their beauty in such a horrid place. It was like seeing the king and queen with their son the prince in a cold, dark, dank dungeon. "Yes we would like to speak to Asha," Jasper was saying and I could tell he was getting angry. What were they talking to Mrs. Saunders about?

"She isn't back from school yet," Mrs. Saunders answered. I sent a wave of calm to Jasper, Mrs. Cullen, and Dr. Cullen as Jasper was starting to become angry.

"I'm right here. I just came through the door," I said. Jasper and Dr. Cullen turned to look at me.

"Asha, you're soaked, are you all right?" Jasper asked coming toward me and for the first time I noticed his southern accent.

"I'm fine, just cold and wet," I answered giving him a gentle smile. That was the down side of not owning a coat. I shivered slightly, wanting to go upstairs and change. I also wanted a hot shower. I pulled my wet jacket closer to my tiny frame.

Dr. Cullen came forward, "Asha, my name is Carlisle, if it is all right with you, my family and I would like to adopt you." I stood there shocked into silence. They......wanted to adopt me? I didn't fit in anywhere or deal with many people well. Here I was thought of as a trouble maker and they wanted me?

"If you don't want to come with us we'll understand," the woman said coming to stand beside her husband. She had shoulder length dark wavy hair. She had gold eyes just like her kids and Carlisle. The eyes definitely had to be a family thing.

"I would love to go with you. I want a family more than anything," I said smiling a true smile. My mother had dropped me here when I was just an infant. I knew who she was and what she was. She was a magical being that mere humans thought were fantasy. A smile appeared on the woman's face as she pulled me into a hug. I hugged her back even though her cold skin made me shudder. "Now if you don't mind I'll go get some dry clothes on and gather my stuff."