Chapter 7 College Life

I had been going to college for six months now and I was almost done with a four-year degree. Being able to understand everything made homework easy, but made class duller than a smooth river stone. My brothers and sisters had gone back to high school and a human was Edward's blood singer. She was the daughter of the police chief. If things ended badly it wasn't going to be pretty. I was currently sitting at the kitchen counter drawing Esme cooking, which she happened to be doing at the moment. She was fixing lunch for me.

I now weighed what I was supposed to and I had gone shopping last month. Thankfully Esme had taken me when Alice was in class. Don't get me wrong, I loved my sister but I couldn't deal with her and shopping. She would want me to get heels, skirts, dresses, and lots of handbags. I had a purse and that was all I needed. I mainly got yoga pants and jeans. I also got graphic tees and sweaters, a couple of hoodies. I also got several pairs of running shoes since I seemed to go through several pairs of shoes with all the running I did.

Over the past few months, Jasper and I had grown closer. I hung out with him the most and even had gone hunting with him. I heard learned all the Cullens' stories of how they became vampires. I had also learned the laws of the vampire world and we had agreed that we should try to keep me a secret from the Voultri. I didn't want to be used for what I could do. "What are you drawing sweetie?" Esme asked as she sped through the kitchen.

"You," I replied. I continued to draw and shade. A short time later a plate was placed in front of me with penne. I heard Bella come over to visit, she wasn't as quiet as she thought she was. Thankfully my vampire side of me was weak so she just smelled like a human to me, but I could feel the blood lust of the family, well most of the family when she was near. I could tell how hard it was for them to resist.

Later that afternoon I went down to the hospital to hang out with Carlisle and he was teaching me a few things. I was his assistant. I enjoyed the work, it was fun. The best part was hanging out with my dad.