Chapter 19 Prom

A/N: Finally at the end of the first movie/book. I'm going to keep everything in the same book so just look for the next update to see the start of New Moon. The picture above is how Ash styled her hair.

Chapter 19 Prom

Jasper drove us to a hotel where apparently the prom was to be held—after everyone had taken pictures of us. I still wasn't sure how this thing worked, what kind of dancing was done. I knew things like waltzing, and the tango, line dancing, the cha-cha. I had been on stage before so I knew how to dance and sing at the same time and I was good at it. But I highly doubted that the songs of the 1920s would be played here tonight. Those were the songs I had learned to dance too.

We stopped outside the door to get our picture taken again and I could hear the music from out here. It wasn't music I had danced to before. "This your first dance?" Jasper asked.

"Yeah, I've done some dancing on stage but this is my first dance with a guy that I see as more than a friend," I replied.

"Like pole dancing or Broadway dancing?" Jasper asked.

I laughed, "Broadway. I look too young to get a job at the pole but I know how to do it, and no so not going to happen," I said seeing the glint in his eye. I walked around and looked at the lights and other decorations. Jasper led me out to the outside dancing area where Edward and Bella already dancing. We joined them and danced around the small area. I could hear Bella asking Edward to change her. If I were her I would wait till after graduation, to make it easier on family.

Jasper and I stayed till midnight dancing and listening to the music. We were the last to leave that night. Prom was interesting; it was basically just a social gathering like balls had been in the 1800s. Proms even had themes like the balls had had. Afterward, Jasper took me out for a shake and fries. "So have you been to any dances before?" Jasper asked.

"Not as someone who was dancing with the other guests, I was the servant. I wasn't even to speak to the guests," I replied as I ate my fries. We hung out for a while before going home. I was thinking about going to some online schools, I had the time, and I had enough knowledge and experience that if they had that flex path thing I could go through the courses pretty quickly. That was my next decision.