39. Just Go with the Flo

I could have dropped the ring but I clutched it in my palms as I looked at Fort.

He was fuming with rage. I could see his nostrils flaring and an angry frown was covering his face. His fists were clenched as he breathed in and out trying to get some control over his overpowering anger.

" F-f-Fort " I stuttered

" I SAID HOW FUCKING DARE YOU! " His voice boomed in the silence of the room. I winced a little at his harsh and cold tone.

He took long strides towards me and grabbed my arms and clawed them. He yanked me towards himself giving me a momeny to look into the dark black eyes whirling with rage as he slammed me against the wall hard. My head was dizzy. His face was inches away from mine and for the first time I was genuinely scared of him.

" Fort... I swear I would have given it back, I-

" WHY DID YOU TAKE IT IN THE FIRST PLACE?" He enunciated every word lacing them with his emotion.

" I-I-I was just pranking... I thought I would just hide it.. I-I-I tried to spin it and....

" FUCK FUCK FUCK! " He slammed the wall by punching it hard. I trembled at his wild behavior. Just q moment ago he was charming and sweet,cracking jokes and watching movie and now his monstrous side had woken up again.

" I-I-I am sorry... I didnt mean to see... what I saw..."

" YOU SAW IT?? YOU SAW MY GODDAMNED MEMORIES! You are so FUCKING.... Idiot!! YOU ARE FREAKING CROSSING THE LINE BETWEEN A JOKE AND REALITY!" He yelled angrily running his fingers through his hair.

This kind of stirred me.

" That's hypocritical of you! You have been joking with my life for your entire life... No matter what your reason was... You did play with me.. " I said calmly recalling what I saw. I couldn't shout at him after knowing his reasons .

" DONT PITY ON ME! SHOUT YELL AT ME DON'T YOU PRETEND TO KNOW ME OR SOMETHING!"

" I wont pity on you.. neither would I pretend not to know you when I do know you..and why should I yell when I have nothing to yell about"

My calm innocent approach of conversing added fuel to the fire. He pushed me harder against the wall. His finger nails dug deeper in my skin. I whimpered slightly

" You. Don't. Know.A.Shit. About. Me!"

" Fort you are hurting me and If i don't know shit about you why don't you tell me about yourself?"

" Don't act smart Florentine Gem! You don't and won't know a thing ever!"

" I know what you have gone through your entire life! I know you love your mom and you don't believe that she can leave you. I know your name is Rafael! I know... you are afraid of dark. I know every story behind those tears no matter how I know but the thing is that you arnt ready to accept that I am here to help you to care for you! You are so disdainful and and won't look past your ego!"

" You stole the ring and invaded my memories they weren't meant for any one to see!

" But I was fated to see them... "

He fell silent and closed his eyes.His grip loosened. His fingernails had formed crescent shaped marks on my flesh.

" That has nothing to do with this.... " he muttered

" Unknowingly or knowingly you have wanted me to see them... But you just wouldn't look behind your ego and actually talk to me... I am sorry I stole it... "
" You know I trusted you! Fuck! you madr me realize how stupid I had been! "