Teaching

"Yes?" Your small voice echoed throughout the classroom you stood in, pointing to a boy in the back of the room.
He had olive-shaded skin and sky-blue eyes with green speckled around, reddish freckles splattered across his nose and cheeks, framed by his curly brown hair pulled back into a ponytail. "I'm sorry miss, but have you ever even seen a titan?"
You looked at him curiously, tiling your head. He chuckled, sitting up more. "It's just, you speak so lightly and calm about them, if we were to talk to anyone else their voices would start to fill with anxiety or anger the more their sentences grew."
You smiled sweetly, which seemed to emit sighs from several students in the class, both male and female.
"What's your name sir?"
"Everick." He replied with a confident grin. "Well Everick, no I haven't seen a titan for myself, as unrealistic as that may sound, but if you just stay patient you might have a little to learn in a couple days." You winked in a friendly manner as his cheeks went red, shoving his friend who starting snickering next to him, but was just drowned out by the other chuckles in the classroom.
It had been three days since Levi had left for the expedition, now a Thursday, three long days, but you were managing. The image of your stoic-lover riding out of the gates next to Hanji and their squads behind them seemed to burn into your mind, but Erwin and your classes kept you busy. It was now the time of day where you sat in Erwin's office as he filled out and finished what little paperwork he had for once, the two of you sipping tea.
"So how was class today?"
"Very nice! I think the students are really starting to warm up to me, and so many of them are curious. They remind me a lot of the friends I already have here." You smiled as the blond chuckled deeply. "It sounds great, I hope your starting to drop hints about Monday's lesson?" You nodded. "I don't quite know how to go about giving hints to my abilities without right out saying 'well lookie here I'm actually a titan!', but I think they're getting excited nonetheless." You chirped and took a happy sip of your tea.
"Have you heard anything from Levi...?" You asked timidly after a moment of silence. Erwin sighed gently and shook his head, but kept his gentle smile to reassure you. "If any word were to reach me you would be the first to know, but I know that Levi or Hanji wouldn't risk sending back a messenger in the heat of things." You nodded and sighed, staring at your now empty tea cup. You smiled as the distant scent of black tea filled your memories, reminding you of Levi. "Alright..."