onze

Avoiding someone when you lived in the same house with them was a pain, and no matter how hard Andy tried, she would always run into her sister.

Andy was cold and harsh to her sister, to the friends that tried to call on her sisters behalf. It only further infuriated her how they completely missed the reason for her anger.

While she ignored many people, she continued to speak with Jasper and Alice in secret. They were the only ones that new the true nature to her feelings and stood behind her fully, because they would back her no matter what.

It was one of the rare days that she made an appearance in LaPush. Her father was going fishing with his friends for the day, she decided it wouldn't hurt to tag along.

Walking along the beach, she tried to navigate herself back towards Lynn's house. Andy had spent a good amount of time on the reservation, but she would always get lost no matter how hard she tried.

"Andy!"

The girl froze before groaning. Picking up her pace she tried to get away before he reached her.

"Hey, Andy, wait!"

"What do you want Embry?" Andy mumbled. She was mad, but she had never been one for expressing her feelings, her anxiety always made her believe that it was the worst option. Even if she considered him a friend. "I thought you were sick or something."

"I was," the boy stumbled, not expecting the conversation to change direction so quickly.

Fumbling with a lose string on her sweater, she made sure that her cast was out of view. The last thing she needed was for him to relay the information to Quil, even though she was sure he already knew thanks to her sister.

Nodding, she pursed her lips awkwardly before turning and walking away.

"Hey, Andy!" he calls after her once more. "Talk to Quil! He's going crazy thinking he did something wrong!"

"He did do something wrong," she muttered to herself.

***

"You're late," the girl accused as she opened the door.

Andy wrung her hands, unsure of how to answer before stepping into the home. It was obvious to her that no one else was here and she didn't find herself minding all that much.

"I got a little lost," Andy admits.

Lynn looked at her friend with a small smile. "We're gonna have to work on that."

Watching the slightly younger girl, Andy picked out the things that made her distinctly beautiful and different from the other Quileutes.

Her hair was lighter in this lighting. Instead of the black she originally perceived it as, it was a warm brown. She was lighter than the other natives her eyes sharper, much ore calculating. Andy recognized the look as caution, like she was afraid of getting hurt.

"You're staring," Lynn teased as she prepared some kind of food.

"You're beautiful," Andy countered easily, surprising them both.

"Well, this is cute."

Both girls spun around to see Jared and Paul watching the two in amusement.

Lynn opened her mouth to snap at her brother but stopped short. She had nothing to throw at him. Every insult and witty comeback frozen on the tip of her tongue. She looked to Andy in confusion, before tentatively sliding her hand into hers. Lynn needed the support, without her quick wit and smart mouth she felt defenseless.