Vingt-Trois

Waking up to the rapid, frantic voices of Alice and Bella was not a pleasant feeling. It made her nervous and frightened. It had her tired, sore body flying from the bed and rushing down to them as fast as she possibly could. It didn't come as a surprise when she saw a furious Jacob in her kitchen, eyes trailing Bella like a lost puppy.

Her muscles screamed in protest with every movement; the bruises had her flinching. She cast the feelings to the back of her mind, not willing to spend to much time stuck on herself.

"What is going on?" she shouted as a way to make sure that everyone heard her questions.

Alice was standing in front of her in an instant. The vampire's eyes held tears that she could never cry; Andy felt herself begin to cry for her.

"What is it? What's wrong?" she whispered in a rush, not wanting to break the moment between them.

"It's Edward, he went to the Volturi. He plans to kill himself."

Andy wondered why people thought that they felt numb when in reality it was an uncomfortable feeling that buzzed through your body. It was like white noise, static that raddled her head in the most awful of ways leaving her dazed and in tears.

"Wh- why would he do that?" She rushed out, her hands shaking.

Alice glanced towards Bella, the human girl was running around frantically collecting things and shoving them into a bag.

"He believes Bella and yourself to be dead. He holds himself responsible for you, and feels like he can't live in a world that your sister is no longer alive," her best friend told her sadly.

Andy's mind flipped into overdrive, working over every little detail that she was given. She picked up the pieces and put them together quickly, her mind desperately shoving the answer at her.

"You're going. To get him." It came out as a statement, surprising the humans in the room. They always underestimated her.

"We have no choice," Bella breathed out.

Looking at her sister, she could spot the pain that she held just beneath her skin Bella was never good at hiding how she felt, she broadcasted her heart. She was plain and simple to read in her mind.

"Alright," Andy drew the word out, testing it as she thought over what to say. "I'll go pack a bag."

The growls that filled the air were ear shattering. Her heart thumped in her chest dangerously as her stomach churned. The anger that filled the room was suffocating, dizzying.

Her eyes found Jacob's and she shuddered at the endless black depths that shown her own reflection. His iris was cast out, consumed by the pupil that had fear course through her. Anger should never be associated with red; anger should be black. It should be dark, evil eyes that looked soulless.

"No. Absolutely not." He was tense, his skin rippled before her eyes. "It's not safe, you can't leave. Even if the others live, you wouldn't."

"He's right," Alice pulled her attention away from him, turning the shaking girl to face her. "The Volturi would never let you live. You have to stay here."

"How am I meant to just sit here and wait for you to return?" Her voice was barely a whisper, each word caught in her throat as a sob fought it's way up.

"We'll be back; I'll never leave you alone. We had a deal, remember?" Alice forced a chuckle. Her hands smoothed down the small girl's hair in an attempt to soothe her fear and anxiety. "Me, you and Jas are going to any school you want. Any school that's far away from here."

Andy smiled weakly as she cried. She forced her to stay focused. She looked at Alice long and hard as the vampire did the same. They each new how dangerous this way even if no one spoke the words. A final reunion, a final moment between friends, sisters even, that could do nothing but memorized the other. Each feature, each detail was committed to memory.

A heart could break for many things, for multiple reasons. The world was ruthless as it took away what you wanted. A heart could break for many things and time was selfish. Time took away the moments that could save you from shattering.

Andy felt like her heart was breaking and there was nothing she could do to prevent herself from impact.

She stood still as they walked out the door, eyes refusing to look towards her real sister. How could she look at someone when they were racing off to their death? How could she look at her sister, her older sister that had protected her through thunderstorms and taught her to swim? The sister that held her hand in public without care of the harsh whispers that were directed to them

The invincible Swan sister's, Bella and Andy against the world. The pact seemed so far away, yet it rang through her head as clear as day.

Andy wondered if this was how a new moon felt. A moon sitting high in the sky, in clear sight yet hidden in the darkness. Given the title of new when it wasn't even notice.

Andy felt like a new moon but she didn't mind it. Jacob seemed like a new moon as well.

His raised voice brought her back to the present. He was calling for Bella to stay, begging. She felt bad for him because no matter how much he tried to comprehend the situation, she knew he would never truly grasp how dangerous it actually was.

Her body moved on its own accord. Andy was rushing out the door, shoving past Jacob and into her sister's arms.

She clung to her sister tightly, throwing every emotion into the hug. Andy felt cling to her with just as much force. Andy's heart filled with the love that Bella radiated, pushing every other feeling to the side. They cried together for what seemed to be forever.

"Andy-" Bella began.

"Don't," she commanded her sister lightly. "Everything you are about to say, I already know."

Then everything happened in a flurry of movement. Bella was in the passenger seat, buckling herself in as Jacob leaned into her window. Alice was slipping into the driver's seat, looking at a silently crying Andy with sad eyes.

The youngest Swan was moving, pushing the Black boy out of her way.

"Just promise me something," Andy uttered the words firmly. "Just stay alive for me, okay? Just stay alive."

***

Vote,
Comment,
& Follow me on Wattpad!

One more chapter? Maybe two? Oops?

Unedited.