Chapter 25 - Helping

I'm afraid of being forgotten. Because, it seems everyone I get close to, ends up forgetting me.
---------------------------------------------

~A month later~

Kayleigh's POV

   I wasn't able to hide my growing belly anymore, and the kids at school were starting to notice.

   I wasn't the only girl in my class who was pregnant, so I guess that helped.

   "Kayleigh." Principle Murry said, bringing my thoughts back to the real world.

   "Sorry Principle Murry." I said, going back to my test.

   "It's alright Kayleigh." She replied, then went back to her paperwork.

   An hour later, I finally put down my pencil.

   Principle Murry smiled at me. "Finished?" She asked.

   "Yep." I smiled and handed her my stack of papers.

Principle Murry handed me a hair net. "Why don't you go help out Edna for a couple hours? I'll have your test grades by the time you are finished." She said.

   I smiled. "Thanks." I said, then took the hair net.

   "You are welcome." Principle Murry replied.

   I smiled again and left the office. I walked down the deserted halls. It was the middle of third period right now, and there was about an hour till the first lunch period.

"Edna?" I called, walking into the kitchen.

   "Kayleigh!" Edna walked over and hugged me, then handed me an apron. "I trust you here to help me, yes?" She asked.

   "Yes, I'm here to help. What needs doing?" I asked, putting the apron on.

   "I teach new recipe. Come." Edna said, leading me into the kitchen.

   I smiled and breathed in the smells of the kitchen as I followed Edna.

"First, dough roll out." Edna said, taking a ball of dough.

I took a ball of dough, and started to too roll it out like she had said.

"Then, roll another dough." Edna said.

I followed her lead in taking another ball of dough and rolling it out as she had said.

"Take pan for pie, and set on one dough." Edna said.

I took a pie pan and set it in the middle of one of my pieces of dough.

Then, I grabbed a knife and cut around the pan, so I was left with a circle of dough. Then I did the same with the other dough I had rolled out.

   Then, I followed Edna's lead, and spread peanut butter on one circle, and grape jelly on the other, then I flipped the the one with jelly on top of the one with peanut butter, so the it made a sandwich.

   "Now, cut slits almost to center all around dough sandwich." Edna said, then demonstrated.

   I carefully copied what she had done.

   "Now twist." Edna said.

I smiled and twisted the triangles of dough the same way she had, so there were eight little sandwich dough twists.

Edna picked up my twists, and put them onto a pan with her's.

"Now we keep make!" Edna said, handing me a ball of dough.

I smiled and started to roll it out.