Author's Note

Wow. That's the first thing I want to say. And thanks to everyone. I do want to give a couple people a very special thanks, so I'm going to get right into that.

   Thanks, first and foremost, to DianaSeada . Diana commented on every chapter, and most of them it was a couple comments too.

   Thanks to m5gpie9 . She was a great reader, and I loved reading her occasional comments.

And last but not least, Potato_Gamer . Honesty, I think I made Angie go crazy by reading this book! So mission accomplished!

Lol, JK, I love you Angie! <3

There is so much I want to say right now. I'm legit crying, I'm so emotional, which is saying something.

I'm going to start with the ending. I know some of you were expecting Kayleigh would find romance, whether it be with Gabe or Jack or a new person entirely.

From the time I began writing this book, I knew that was not going to happen. Kayleigh's story wasn't going to have a happy ending, because that isn't always realistic.

   I feel like this story has a part of me. Kayleigh is a part of me.

   Kayleigh, the character, is the first OC I've created who is, in essence, a real person. She is completely, 100% based off me.

   It's so hard for me to talk about my depression, and talk about everything I go through that, honestly, not many people know about.

   I've always been good at hiding. Hiding myself, hiding my feelings, hiding everything. A lot of people hurt me, and they don't even know it.

   Unlike Kayleigh's, my parents do love me and take care of me; I think, at least.

   Depression is really hard for me, especially since I'm not good at talking about it.

   One of the quotes I used in a chapter,

I used to cry, but now I stare off blankly.
I used to talk, but now I'm silent.
I used to be jealous, I used to be opinionated; but now I can't figure out how to care.
Can't you see? I've lost my feelings. Now, the only thing I feel is emptiness.

Is completely true for me. Sometimes, it feels like I'm losing a grip on reality.

A huge thing that Kayleigh does is smile. She laughes, and smiles, and acts like she has nothing wrong with her life. This is something I do all the time. My smile is my mask. I can hide behind it.

   Honestly, it's just the way I live my life. I don't tell people. My parents have no idea how broken I really am, and I don't think my friends do either. But, that's my fault, because honestly, I don't want anyone to know just how broken I am.

Anyway, this has been a really long note, so I'm going to end it here.

Thank you all for reading, and I can't wait for you to read my next book. <3
-Kimmeg13