Chapter 43 - Court

I used to cry, but now I stare off blankly.
I used to talk, but now I'm silent.
I used to be jealous, I used to be opinionated; but now I can't figure out how to care.
Can't you see? I've lost my feelings. Now, the only thing I feel is emptiness.
---------------------------------------------

~Two Weeks Later~

Kayleigh's POV

I looked at Timothy, then sighed.

He smiled. "Kayleigh, don't worry, it will be fine. And besides, I'll be by your side the entire time." He said.

"And I'll be close by." Hettie said.

"What if- what if we can't win this case?" I asked.

Timothy smiled. "Kay, we have that paper, so you don't have to worry about the baby." He said.

I looked at him, then leaned back in the seat. "I'm not worried about this one." I said.

Hettie nodded in understanding. "We will do something." She said.

I sighed again. "My parents are going to be there. And so are his. Not to mention he will be there." I said.

"Kayleigh, I promise I won't leave your side." Timothy said.

Hettie squeezed my hand as Timothy parked the car.

"Kay, I have complete faith in you. All you have to do is tell the truth." She said, then gave me a hug before stepping out of the car.

I followed her slowly.

"Kayleigh, be confident." Hettie said. "And again, I have complete faith in you."

I sighed again before plastering on a smile, and following Timothy into the court house.

Hettie's POV

I watched as Timothy and Kayleigh entered the court house, then I went and sat down on a bench outside.

"She can do this." I said to myself. "I hope." I added in a whisper.

I sighed, and pulled my phone out of my purse. I dialed my mother-in-law's number.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Hey Ruth. Are the kids doing well?" I asked.

She laughed. "Hettie, you know they are." She said.

I smiled. "Yeah. I'm just so nervous about today." I said.

"I understand where you are coming from. Kayleigh is like another daughter to me." Ruth said.

"Yeah." I said.

"Oh, Tatum would like to talk to you." Ruth said.

I smiled. "Put her on the line." I said.

"Hey Mommy!" Tatum greeted me.

"Hey Sweetie. Are you having fun with Grandma?" I asked.

Tatum giggled. "Yeah! When are you and Daddy and Miss Kayleigh gonna be home?" She asked.

"I don't know. Hopefully in a couple hours. Mommy has to go now, but you be good for Grandma, ok?" I asked.

"Ok! Bye Mommy!" Tatum said before hanging up.

I smiled, then put my phone back into my purse. Then, I took a deep breath and walked into the courtroom.

I sat down near the front of the room, then started looking around.

I spotted Kayleigh's parents easily, and they were sitting next to a couple I assume was Jack's parents.

I looked back at Kayleigh, who was standing beside Timothy, looking quite nervous.

"I have come to a decision." The judge said.

I watched Kayleigh and Timothy look at each other, then looked at the Judge nervously.

"I hearby declare, the marriage of Kayleigh and Jack David is NOT over turned!" The judge said, but before he was able to make it official, the doors opened.

"Stop!" A voice shouted, and my eyes widened as I saw who it was.