Chapter 33 - Carol

Everyone thinks I am such a happy person and that I have it all together. What they don't know is that I'm dying on the inside.
I don't have it all together.
I'm falling apart.

---------------------------------------------

~Two Months Later~

Jennie's POV

"Well, Kitty, what are you doing here?" Timothy asked.

I sat down in a chair and glared at him. "You realize that you're asking why I'm at my own house?"

"Absolutely. But you should be with your 'boyfriend'." He said, putting finger quotes around the word.

"Timmy, he is in Africa for a week." I said.

"Don't call me that." Timothy said.

I giggled. "Oh? Does Timmy not like his new nickname?" I asked.

He glared at me. "No, I don't happen to like being called that. I don't want to be reminded of him." Timothy said.

I sighed. "Sorry, I forgot." I said. "But I don't like being called Kitty either."

Timothy shrugged. "Too bad. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a date with my girlfriend tonight." He said.

I laughed. "Sorry, what did you say?" I asked.

He glared at me again.

"Oh, you were serious!" I laughed again. "You haven't had a girlfriend in..." I trailed off, thinking.

Timothy stood up. "Ever." He said.

My eyes widened. "You've never had a girlfriend?" I asked, shocked.

Timothy nodded. "I've always been too busy with work and keeping you out of trouble." He said.

I thought for a moment. "What about when you were like in high school?" I asked.

"I was always busy with school. I went on like two dates but that's about it." Timothy said.

"Wow." I said. "I've..." I trailed off, then looked down. "Let's not think about that." I said.

"Noted." Timothy said, then left the room.

Kayleigh's POV

   I felt tears slip out of my eyes as I lay back in the bed. The pain was so real now. For all of you who don't really understand, let me explain.

   I had a doctors appointment earlier today, with my midwife. After that nurse was so rude to me a couple months ago, I decided to get a midwife instead.

   Anyway, Carol, my midwife, had said I was going into labor. So, she got me settled on my bed, and I've been laying her for a couple hours.

Carol walked into the room. "Are you doing alright?" She asked.

I managed a smile. "It hurts, but I'm fine." I said.

"You're such a strong young lady." Carol said, coming to sit beside me.

"Thanks." I said.

Carol smiled and watched my heart rate on the screen she had set up beside my bed. "You're doing well." She said.

"It's really hot in this room. Could you open the window?" I asked her.

"Sure!" Carol said, going to close the window.

I lay back, suddenly very very exhausted.

"Kayleigh!" Carol said, rushing tears a me.

"What?" I whispered sleepily.

"Kayleigh, your skin is pale!" Carol said urgently.

That was the last thing I heard before I blacked out.