Chapter 12 :" Making Time for your Partner "

Sanskar woke up at little past 5 and his eyes fell on the teddy bear in the bed and a brief smile fitted through his face at the remainder of yesterday events , The bear  reminded him of the fact that he promised he would pick her up at 12 PM , yet checked his phone to see if there are any missed calls or messages in the mean time.  When there was none , he tucked his phone away after contemplating if he should send a message and rejecting the idea because it was way too early in the morning.

 Being an CEO of an company there is no permanent break from work and Sanskar had gotten used to spending the early hours working in his office after his morning work out , being camped in an office room most of a day  had made him get interested in early morning run and sometime his cousin lucky would join him, if he didn't spent the night partying . Even though he meticulously planned to make sure there will be no need for him in the company during this one month as he wanted to get to know his wife and give her some time before he dive back into is busy life. In spite of all that effort , he had some calls to attend or emails to check and files to sign that has been piling up . He thought of going to the office today briefly but decided that will not make his aunt happy ,so decided against it . And emailed his assistant to bring the files over to his house later .

A brief knock to his door made him realize it was close to 9 , because if he failed to make an appearance for breakfast his aunt would intervene instead. He closed his laptop and walked outside to see his aunt looking at him with a frown that he had yet again almost forgot about breakfast, he knew his aunt had reasons to worry as she believed her husband died by overworking which was true in a sense and so he didn't want to worry her by his actions . Still sometime he forgot to eat when he was working . He apologized for his tardiness and joined the others for breakfast, it had been hardly few days and yet he missed having swara on the dinning table with him.

He had told his aunt about swara staying in her parents house for the night , the breakfast would have been normal if not for Laksh teasing asking if he was already missing his wife . He had enough of it that to shut him up ,Sanskar asked when he is leaving on his honey moon and realized how Laksh face fell at his question and when he learned about the postponement Sanskar disagreed with Laksh.

" Swara wont like to see her cousin postpone as well just because you think Swara needs a familiar face in the house for awhile, " Sanskar answered back when laksh argued that he cant take Ragini away because swara may need her cousin the first few days.

" Wow you already knew Swara that much , you can even read her thoughts ?" Laksh went back to his teasing ,ignoring Sanskar words that he shouldnt delay his trip for them. That Sanskar let it go for the moment and decided to speak to Laksh a little later in private.  He wanted to check his phone again to see his Swara message him but didnt want to endure laksh teasing further,so waited till he was back in his study to do so and found out there was none which put him in a bit of sullen mood.

The last two days has been so hectic in his life,  he had finally  gotten some time alone. And his mind wandered to the last few days events and replayed the entire sequences . His actions were solely on making sure Swara was comfortable and happy during these days that he never had time to think of what he thought about this whole marriage, His mind was asking him questions such as how he feels about Swara wish for equal partners ,how he feels about Kavitha leaving him at the wedding, How he feels about Lakshya impulsiveness , and the most important one of all what does he think about Swara as a person,  Is   roommate or  is friend or  his wife?

  About Kavitha the answer had been simple ,he should feel hurt or angry at her but rather there was no feeling at all when he think about her betrayal.  He felt no sense of betrayal or hurt by her actions  and he knew it was because he really didnt love her , he had hoped to get to know her but he really didnt know her either .