Chapter 37 :" Biggest Regret "

Swara didn't want to be nervous as she entered her home, but she was indeed nervous as she feared that it wasn't like the countless time she walked inside the door,  today she was going to ask her mother some questions that could possibly break their relationship .

So she was relived to find her father at home, it came as a surprise as well as concern because her father rarely took leave from work and she has expected him to be at work instead of home.

" Are you fine Papa?" Swara asked him, concerned about his presence in the house.

" I am good Shona, I had to work late last night and my body isn't used to the long hours like before , so took a half day leave , " he answered back as she sat beside him in relief .

" You need to rest more papa , " she spoke up , and he only nodded his head in answer because working was something that runs in his blood and he would never compromise on that and after few minutes of silence she told him about Ragini's pregnancy.

" Your mother would be worried after how tough it had been when Ragini was born for your uncle  and aunt , she still sees Ragini as the miracle baby, she sometimes forgot she was pregnant at the time as well as she would rush to your uncle house to take care of your aunt,  " her father answered back .

And there lies the truth, no one could accuse her mother of not caring , it just she cares too much at the cost of herself , her husband and her daughters happiness as well .

"  Since we got Rahul , I would like to hold a baby girl this time, I missed most of your life and Pari's because I was too focused on work, maybe I can be more of grandfather than as a father,  " her father spoke up,  and while Swara had enough regrets with her father's lack of support for them, she didn't want to bring it up at that moment when he was already regretting so only smiled back at him until her smile turned into a frown to see her mother standing near them with a shocked experience.

" I should have told you before.... You are already pregnant , it was why you were angry on me last time , I should have told you to wait before but ........" Her mother stopped speaking once she realized the words, she unleashed and hurled to break Swara heart .

" What are you talking about Mishti ?"  Her father questioned his wife but Swara couldn't manage to look at her mother whose foremost thoughts will always be about her family which apparently doesn't include her at the moment .

" Ragini is the one pregnant mom, not me how can I get pregnant when you forced me to marry a complete stranger, just like how you are forcing me to not have a child  as if you have any right to demand it from me or anyone for that matter.  " Swara lashed back,  angrier than the last time.

Because her mother's reaction to the fact she was pregnant was only regret on how she failed to ask Swara to wait , not a hint of happiness for her daughter and if that doesn't answer the questions she meant to ask her mother then nothing else will .

Swara had briefly hoped ,she could talk with her mother, hash out their differences and she even hoped her mother would understand if Swara explained how  her mother was suppressing their choices to satisfy her sister in law instead all she got was heart break for expecting her mother to be different from the one she knew all her life.

And with that Swara walked away, she didn't know why she gave a different address than her home but she couldn't go back home yet and she need to see him.

Her life was unraveling before her, and she need to see him to anchor her to the present and as she stepped inside his office building, for a brief moment she hesitated if he would be angry at her for breaking inside his office on working hours.