Chapter 19 :"Your Ideal Life Partner "

Sanskar Maheshwari didnt expect this turn of events when they as a family decided to keep it from Uttara until she returned back home, confusing her with Kavita elopement and his new wife would have to wait until they could see her in person or so they believed, the plan had been to brief her first when they went to pick her up in the airport and no one expected her to reach home before they could do so , he stood like a statue for a awhile when she kept asking about kavitha because when the time came to tell his sister, he was stuck until he looked at Swara and realized she must be more worried than him.

It was the look of confusion in Swara eyes that gave him the courage to speak up at the cost of his sister confusion, and fortunately his aunt took over the remaining explanation by taking his sister to her room leaving Sanskar alone with his wife and the remaining Maheshwari clan , the only relief had been the fact Ragini mother wasnt present to witness the scene. He was taken back when Swara walked back to her room without a word probably angry with him, and he couldnt blame her at the moment as he made his way back to their room in a bid to explain his reasons.

And he didnt like to find her close to tears when he entered their room, he should have told her about it before and he wont deny that he had an ample amount of opportunity to do so. He took the place beside her on the bed and decided to speak up before she give in to more tears, as always her tears bothered him a lot considering this time he had been the reason unlike last night made him more guilty.

" Look Swara. I am sorry, you shouldnt have had to go through it tonight. And i owe you an apology as well as explanation. Well i told you that my reason for agreeing to marry kavita was because we were friends and i hoped it was a strong reason but there had been another reason and it had been my sister.  Like me, my sister was also acquainted with kavita from our childhood.

 When our parents died in the car crash, Kavita had been the only one who could get to her than the rest of us . Aunt and Uncle were still somewhat strangers and i was too consumed with my grief that Kavita had been the one who breached the wall of grief when it came to my sister ,it was the reason i couldnt even fault her for eloping or misleading me till the end. To Uttara ,Kavita was like a big sister, she never had and she had been more thrilled than any of us about our marriage. 

 And i know it would come to her as shock ,so did aunt and laksh that we decided to keep it from her till we could see her in person. She had been living miles away, blame my protective brother instinct trying to keep my secret in the dark but i shouldnt have kept you in the dark as well. For that i am so sorry" Sanskar spoke up waiting for her to react or stop crying and was relived when her tears stopped atleast, he was prepared to face her wrath than tears. 

   "You were right to wait Sanskar, it would have surely came as a shock to your sister. I am sorry for crying and making you feel guilty. It just that i let the stress of everything get into my head..What with my aunt last night and your employees" She answered absentmindedly than looked at him with surprise as if she said something she didnt intend to speak about and he thought back to what she spoke and realized what he missed out.

" What about my employees. Did anyone say anything ?" he asked her wondering what had happened last night in the party.

################################

  Swara realized her slip of tongue as soon as she spoke up, granted it was not a big secret just something she didnt want to bother him with but when she realized Uttara was unaware of her ,all the insecurities came right back up making her doubt everything. Her aunt words last night played a factor to about how swara was unfit to be the bahu of the Maheshwari's.

" Honestly, it was nothing. Last night i overheard some of your employees talking about our marriage and me in particular, about how i wouldnt have been your choice if not for the circumstances which forced us to wed and that they would been the more likely candidate if only they were present in the wedding as well

  Our marriage didnt happen under ideal circumstance and i realize why they feel so, it just made me wonder if you were saddled with someone who isnt your ideal choice of partner ,because i have talked about what i want in my husband and yet i didnt stop to ask you about it , last night just made me realize i was too occupied with my part of the marriage that i failed to see yours and when i realized your kept our marraige hidden from your sister, it made me feel there could be truth behind their words " Swara spoke up unwilling to look at him and find the truth in his eyes, inspite how many time she consoled herself ,a part of her would be hurt if she realized Sanskar felt the same.

" Look i am so sorry that you happened to hear such talks last night, but please be assured that i had no ideal choices and even if i have known you for only few days, i am pretty confident you would have been one of my top choices if i had one. And i am sorry if my answer made you feel   uncomfortable but Swara you cant let others words bother you when it was the exact opposite of how i feel about us . I feel lucky to find such an understanding partner so far and i know we decided to wait and see if we are suitable and in your words equal partners but i had to say the truth because i dont want you to continue to doubt yourself" Sanskar spoke up making her smile.

  Swara mind went through varies emotions as he spoke up, most of it was happiness at his assurance and comfort his words seem to provide her . Because she needed to hear those words after the last night and seeing Uttara reaction to her today, thinking about his sister made her wonder how uttara was faring on considering everything she learnt from her aunt.

  "Thanks Sanskar, I am relieved actually . So what do you think , will Uttara like me ? I know she would be upset about kavita but once she gets to know me do you think she would grew to accept me ? Swara asked 

 "Come on , I know my sister ,she would love you when she gets to know you and she wont blame you for anything considering it was we who kept it as a secret from her  and i am sorry once again for everything"he answered back making her smile at his words 

" No need for Sorry, i totally understand imagine how nervous i was when i had to break this news to my sister .But your luckier than me as my sister seems to already think of you as my perfect match a lot earlier . Now i hope your sister likes me as well" Swara spoke up ,realizing she made yet another slip of tongue ,it like she is trying to make the situation awkward all over again . And she hoped he would miss the slip but he didnt as she noticed his expression and she was left with no choice but to explain. 

It was awkward to talk about her sister matchmaking attempts but when it came to tell him about her ultimatum on how she believed he would leave his girlfriend for her, she wished she could have kept it a secret and also about how her sister believed they were fated to marry each other , it was the truth yet she wondered if it was too much for him to listen until she glanced at him to see her laughing at her. At first glance she thought he was laughing at her but realized soon he was laughing with her .

" You just said i would leave my girlfriend and yet it was my ex fiancee who left me to help us all along" he answered back once he regained control over his laughter. And she couldnt deny herself the truth in his words. Back then she dismissed her sister words as more of a coincidence yet not looking at him , a part of her did wonder if she was fated to be with him until a knock sounded on their door making us both stop talking as Sanskar walked to open the door to find his sister standing on the other side making Swara feel nervous all over again.

Swara didnt move from the bed thinking Uttara and Sanskar may need to talk alone first until his sister walked right past her brother without a word and walked towards her , Swara couldnt decipher anything from her face as she looked at his sister who was right beside her now ,until she spoke up confusing her all over again. " If it is okay, Can i talk with you for a moment alone?" his sister asked Swara leaving her shocked by the turn of events.

P. S:That it for now. Let me know your thoughts and Feedbacks .Hit the votes if you liked it 

Juanita Reid