Chapter 27 :" A Unexpected Proposal"

Swara wanted to remain upset with him but her sullen mood didn't last longer once she understood he can have his secrets and she has no right to expect him to share everything with her .

A part of her wanted to know what was troubling him but she realized being upset over it probably would only ruin their date which he planned for her ,so decided to not  let it get to her   

They had  dinner in an nearby Restaurant before heading into the building, The Empire State Building offers the best View of the whole city from his 86 th floor which has a 360 degree observatory. Hence it was one of the main tourist attractions as it was the tallest building in the city. 

  She expected the place to be crowded ,it was filled with people but not too many that it became overcrowded, she learnt  there is also Music available at night till midnight which was the reason Sanskar choose to visit during night she realized and the guide told her that the Deck will remain  open till 2 AM which gave her plenty of time to sightsee .

  Swara had to admit that  sanskar had awesome planning skills, it no surprise given he runs a company but still Swara was happy that he has thought way ahead about the trip in spite of the less time he had to prepare for the whole trip.

He has even opted for the VIP tickets that enabled them to go straight to the top with no waiting.  Soon within ten minutes there were on the 86th Floor . And New York looked so beautiful up from the top. She is slowly beginning to understand the charm of the city.

During her tour she stumbled upon three proposals , she knew it was considered a romantic gesture and she understood it charm and so did the bride to be's  who were excited with their answers amidst the cheers from the onlookers.

Swara felt it was both filmy as well as Romantic. And she  wondered how the three girls must have felt during those proposal . An proposal amidst crowds of people usually meant the groom was confident about the answer ,no one wants to be rejected in front of other .

A fact her relationship with Sanskar lacked ,they didn't have prior acquaintance before their marriage ,they didn't go on dates before marriage and she didn't get a chance to say yes or hear a proposal from his side ,it wasn't something he can help considering their circumstances but it did made her tiny bit sad .  

When he suggested they move to the top floor of the building,she was glad to leave the happy couples alone , it was called 102 Deck and though it was the top floor in the building it didn't have the 360 degree view of the city and people in the top floor were much lesser than below and most of them were happy couples who were lost in their world that Swara suddenly felt alone .

" Shall we leave Sanskar " She asked unable to keep her voice from faltering ,he looked taken back by her words maybe she was hard on him and expecting too much from him. 

First she wanted him to be more open to her and now she was upset to see other people being happy ,it wasn't like her to be sad about something others had but with Sanskar ,she wanted more which scared her as well .

" Okay ,before that can you answer an question for me " he asked her ,it was too close to an proposal of sorts she wanted to hit him or probably punch him for asking her something like that right now .

What she didn't know was something along the lines is coming her way as well. Because he wasn't in his knees but his hands went inside his coat pocket to produce something that looked close to a ring box that she felt her heart flutter in happiness and then confusion as she starred at him .