Chapter 17:" Party {Part 2}"

Sanskar never expected Kavita would arrive to his party uninvited , even lucky his cousin wouldn't have made such a blunder and yet here she was standing before him with a smile . He had expected to feel a tinge of emotion at seeing her after all he was supposed to have married her but all he felt was confusion and worry for Swara .

" I am sorry Sanskar ,I Know it was quite a surprise but when I heard about the party from my dad .I had to come you see to apologize in person " She spoke up and he understood how she found out about the party as her father was a shareholder in Maheshwari industries ,he must have received a invite as well .

" It fine Kavita , I am really happy that you chose to follow your heart " he answered back truthfully , because trapped in a marriage when she was in love with someone else wouldn't have been good for either of them.  His words must have reached her finally that she hugged him in relief. 

" Oh thank god ,I had been feeling so guilty for leaving you like that . After all it no fault of yours " She was still speaking but Sanskar eyes has found his wife looking shocked at the scene before her ,he quickly let go of Kavita once he became aware of the curious glance of everyone around them. 

Sanskar wanted to rush towards his wife and assure her but if he ran towards her in an hurry ,his movements could be misinterpreted as someone guilty  so with a great effort he stood where he was and silently willed that Swara would be strong enough to walk towards him .

And he left a sigh of relief when she walked towards him ,and it was time for him to put the doubts in her mind to rest ,so he smiled and held out his hand to hold her close to him , if she was uncomfortable with the proximity he would apologize later but it was needed when they were being watched by almost everyone in the venue .

" Swara ..This is .." Sanskar began to introduce Kavita , in an formal way as a friend . And introduce Swara as his wife thus establishing that his loyalty belongs to his wife . And it would have helped if Kavita kept silent throughout the introduction rather than blurt out words that froze everyone in the venue .

" Of course I met Swara in our wedding " Kavitha words made Swara flinch slightly ,he didn't know if others noticed it but he did due to the close  proximity between them , he had been accomdating enough of Kavita arrival so far but this one crossed the line that he glared at her until she realized the mistake she commited .

" So Sorry Swara ,I didn't mean it like that .I just meant we already met " Kavita apologized to Swara but still the damage was done as few people already began to murmur between them in hushed voices.  

" It okay Kavitha . We are just thrilled that you accepted our invite today " Swara answered back surprising him by her words . He knew Kavitha gatecrashed the party but by announcing she was invited Swara had laid the rumours to rest and he had to admit it worked yet he looked at Kavitha hoping she didn't contradict Swara and make it complicated again .

" And we hope to be invited to your wedding " Sanskar answered back trying to change the conversation into safer grounds  , when she called before she told him,he already knew about her wedding yet  he mentioned it  again because it would help to keep the gossips to a bare minimum if they realized this meet was no reunion of sorts between the two of them . 

  " Of course , Dilip is thrilled about the marriage and dad is slowly softening towards him , another thing I have to thank you for because dad told me it has been you who convinced him to give us a chance " Kavita answered back and Sanskar was relief that the topic was diverted towards her upcoming marriage .