25. The mysterious stranger

Unknown POV

After what happened with that Cullen boy and his companion Rick I have to be especially careful. They can't find me.
I know that all the Cullens aren't bad, so I have to find them. I need help, and I'm sure they need mine too.
I went off running, hoping to find them soon.

Edward's POV

It's silence! Nothing at all. I guess it's good. It means that Sam really is gone. Gone to see what is going happen with his world. No more werewolves or Volturi or any other vampires who could be against me. It's gonna be magnificant.
Why am I still feeling worried? Because it's also possible that not hearing could be bad.
That stupid brat who took my power almost completely. Right now I don't even know if I don't hear anything because there is nothing to hear, or because my power is playing tricks with me again. I should hunt, that usually makes me calm down after what that stupid pixie did. Why do we even need soulmates?? I mean it's only pain when they left or don't love you ect.

I stand up and run, leaving silence behind me.

Alice's POV

We are all sitting in the living room listening hard. Not a sound. Maybe my prophesy was wrong, I didn't see something? Possible. It's still weird. Maybe I went wrong with the time? Suddenly Jacob came downstaires looking worried. Oh uh, what happened?

"Is something the matter, well, else than the obvious?"
"You didn't hear?"
"No actually I didn't, I guess I was too in thought."
"Really? About?" "You know something new?" He asks quickly.
"No, I'm even starting to doubt the thing I said before." I furrow my eyebrows.
"Really?"
"Yeah, I mean nothing I said would happen, really did, and we still don't know who that other person is and I'm just starting to think that maybe I didn't see something or I just saw something wrong and..."
"Alice, breath... or, don't... just, slow down or something."
I laughed, and stopped.
"Don't worry, we'll figure something out." "There is nothing wrong with your power." "I just talked to Carlisle and we think we know what that other person is."
He sat down next to me and looked me in the eye.
"Really? Who!?"
"Have you ever heard of the breed of half-vampire and half-warlock?"
"Yeah, I guess so, it's called... vamplock, isn't it?"
"Yup!" "The most evil hybrid ever!" He said, playing excited.
"So you think Edward has met one. And now it's controlling him?"
"Um, yes, he's met one, but we're not exactly sure who is controlling who!"
"So that hybrid could be using him!? But why would it, I mean, we don't have anything and I've never heared of us being offending one?!"
"I'm no smarter than you!"

I sighed. Why can't things just be peaceful for a moment?

Esme's POV

I am in the kitchen making food for the wolves. It usually makes me calm down, because I'm not able to think about the things I fear. I guess it's not working right now, and I don't even want to look down to see what might have become of the food in front of me. I'm far too upset, so I just take the food off the stove and leave. Maybe I could read.
I sit down and just then I'm starting to enjoy and forget I hear a knock. Weird. I listen harder. Nothing, I guess I'm just hearing things. I look down to hear it again.
"Alice!"
"Yes, mother." She says coming to sit next to me. I smile. I love it when they call me that.
"Have you seen anyone coming to visit us?"
I hear the knocking again, this time it's harder.
Alice looks at me.
"Let me see, and if it's alright, we'll go down."
She is quiet for a minute, but comes back in a minute.

"Some man is here, in the livingroom, we are all talking to him." "Jasper seems calm, nothing bad seems to happen."
I nod. "Let's find out who he is."

We go down and open the door.
"Hello!" I smile.
"Hello!" "Is this the Cullens' house?"
"Yes!" "I'm Esme, and this is Ali..."
"Mate!" They say almost in sync.
"... ce. Would you like to come in?" I say quickly.
"Um... what?"
I repeated.
"Sorry, yes! Thank you." He finally understood.
I open the door more, and he steps in. I didn't even got to know who he is and what in the world did they say about mates!