31. The Volturi

Marc's POV

"We'll be back in few days." I heard Carlisle say from downstares.

He, Edward, Bella and I, were going to the Volturi to warn them about Rick's plans.

I wasn't quite sure how to feel about it. I mean, they do want me to join them, but I've found my mate and my family, and I really don't want to leave them.

That's why Alice isn't coming with us. She is also wanted and I don't want her in trouble or that she or I are in trouble if they would try to threaten us somehow into joining them. I just really hope we all come back...

Also Jacob didn't actually want Bella to go but she said she has to and when he said he will come too, she told him to trust her and that someone has to stay here and keep the eye on the pack.

"Okay guys, let's go!" Carlisle said letting go of Esme and after a kiss on her head we all went.

The flight was quiet. I guess we all were worried and hoped that everything was going to end well. I just hope we would not have to fight for our freedom.

Soon we were at the Volterra.

"Follow me! I guess you have something important to tell us, coming here like that." Jane said when we got in and took off our scarves and glasses we had been wearing so the sun didn't get to us. We nodded and followed her.

"My friends! So nice of you to come see us!" Aro said when he saw us. "And I see you've brought company." He adds after seeing me and Bella, his eyes full of interest.

He turns and sits on his throne looking at me, and I see that his eyes are almost hungry. Why did I come here again? Oh right! He 'might' want the whole story.

"So! What have we done to have the pleasure of seeing you here?" He asks smiling.

"We came here to warn you!" Carlisle speaks up.

I see how Aro's eyebrows shot up and he looks at his brothers visibly interested, before standing up and coming to us, holding his had out for Carlisle.

"May I?" He says before grabbing his hand holding it firmly.

When he finally let's go he looks straight into Edward's eyes and holds out his hand to him who gives it to him after a second.

When he is done he looks interested.

"You've been throught quite the adventure." He says looking at Edward. "In this world and elsewhere." I see Carlisle and Bella looking extremely confused and I can't say I'm not either. What does he mean 'elsewhere'?

"What do you mean 'elsewhere?'" Carlisle says incredulously, asking the question, what surely, is on all of our minds.

Aro looks at him, before answering: "Edward was in 'In between', he had three choices..." he stops looking at at Ed. "Did you understand what that meant?"
Edward shook his head: "Not sure."
Aro seemed dissapointed.

"You had a choice! You either become human, die or 'reborn' as a vampire." "Last one meaning that you regret your mistakes and don't want to leave your old life completely behind." "It's happened before, but it's not very common." He explained patiently.

I see Carlisle's eyes grow bigger. I see Edward nod to Carlisle. I also see Aro's eyes go on Bella and I. I guess it's our turn soon.

"Also we have quite an interesting young lady here." He says slowly. "Bella Swan!" "The last one of the kind! I understand that you're quite a strong one." "How are you getting on with being a most powerful werewolf of all?" He says without expecting an answer.

Caius looks at her with disgust and... fear? Is he actually afraid of her!?

Aro turns to me.

"You know after asking you to join us I didn't expect you to come to us. After all you did run from us for so long or have you changed your mind?" "You know that you and Alice are always very welcome to join us, as well as Edward and," he turns to Bella, "you!"

I raise my eyebrow. Is it really happening? Aro would be ready to work with a werewolf? But of course he would! She is so powerful and he'd do anything for power.

"Sorry but no." We said.
"Shame!" Aro says turning away.

But soon he turned back and looked at us.

"So, now that this is cleared we better go back to the reason why you're here." He says looking at me before turning to his brothers.

"I understand that our long been enemy has returned." He shouts out. "Rick Wallac!"

"Oh not him again!" Caius groans.
"I'm afraid so brother!" Aro answered.

"What happened between you and that Rick, if I may ask?" Bella wanted to know.
"You may!" Aro answered. "For you to know, that's not the first time he tries to take our place!"

"It was in 1898!" "He had collected a big group of vampires who had very useful gifts, they obeyed him out of fear." He looks up and then continues.

"We were in the middle of the battle, and we were losing. We didn't have the great vampires we have now." "I could already see his victorious smile, and then everything changed." "We don't know how but suddenly sky went dark and earth cracked." "The next think we know is that our enemy is killed by flashing lightning and for some odd reason it never struck us." "By the next minute all of them were dead the weather cleared and we looked around to see who had done it, but no one was there."

He sighs before turning to look at Carlisle. "That was the day when I decided that I'm going to have to get myself guardians." "So that in need we would have a change to actually win without some mystery to help us." "We escaped death too closely." He looks down. "He's a tyrant!" "I can not let that come this close again." He says finishing the story.

Wow!

Edward's POV

Well that was quite a story! I read his mind and it's all true. That definitly explains why he is so addicted with the power stuff... wait...

Maybe we should help them?
(Italic is thinking if you didn't remember from the earlier chapters.)

That was Carlisle's voice! I look at him interested as if he really thought so. He sees my look and raises his eyebrow as if asking what I think about it. After a second I nod again.

I breath in and say: "We'll help you."
Aro seems very surprised, which is quite a look on his face. So do the others. I corrected myself quickly: "I meant as we would not join you really, but we understand you now, and I think we should fight with you instead of against you like it seems to want to way too often."

He is quite for a moment and then says: "Very well then!", holding out his hand for me to shake it, with a very serious face.

I go over and shake on it, fully knowing that it probably served two purposes.
One: We just made an agreement. Two: To check that I wasn't planning anything. What can I say, he's Aro after all.