30. Reunion

Edward's POV

The second I opened my eyes I was blinded by the sun coming from the window. I felt like I had went through a beating and now been reborn.

Suddenly I remembered my family and I jumped up! Wow! I feel strong! But eww! What is that awfull smell!?

"Esme! The food is burning!" I cry out making her jump. When she understands what I said she runs to the kitchen.

"Carlisle!" I say and suddenly rush to him giving him a hug. He is a little surprised but hugs me back. "It's good to have you back son, even if I'm not sure how!"
"I'll tell you everything soon." I promised him.

Esme comes back to the room and sees us, she smiles. I'm sure she never believed that I would want to kill anyone. I pull away and go next to her pulling her into hug as well. I feel Esme dry sobbing and hug her a little stronger until she stops. She smiles to me.

Next I go to Bella. I look at her seriously and say: "I'm sorry I put you through pain."
"It's alright Edward, I understand now." She says.

I smile and start to go to Emmett and Jasper when I'm pulled into hug by her. I'm surprised but soon hug her back, not even noticing right away that her body temperature is higher or that she smells differently, kind of sweet bitter smell.

When she lets me go I go to Jasper.
"How are you brother?" "Found your mate yet?" I ask.
He shakes his head with smirk. I nod with a sad smile. "I'm sure you will soon!" He nods.

Next stop is Emmet and Rosalie. I give them both a hug and for once Emmett doesn't make a joke and Rosalie seems actually happy.

I walk to Alice and give her a hug, but suddenly I hear a growl. That's when I see a stranger standings next to her holding her hand. Oh wait! I know him!

"Hey, you're the guy who almost took my power!

He smiles awkwardly and waves: "Hey!"
"I would like that back you know!" I say smirking as I realise who he is to the family now.
He seems to relax a little. "Yeah, sure!"

I start to go back to Alice but then I turn back making him tense again.

"Relax! I just wanted to say that I'll kill you if you hurt her!" I pointed to Alice. "Got it?"
He gulped and nodded.

"Great! Welcome to the family!" I say smiling. Emmett laughs loudly and I turn my head to him, smirking.

"So Pixie!" She glares at me for using that name. "What have you been up to while I was gone?" "Got some new clothes?"
She laughs. I laugh too.

"God, I've missed you, and I'm not gonna say it again so you better enjoy." Now everybody is laughing.

That's then I hear a bark kind of laugh and turn around to find Jacob looking at me. Oh yes! I remember now. That's the weird smell I got before.

"Hello mutt!" Now it's his turn to glare.
"Hello leach!" He answers.
I make a face but don't do anything. I see Jake shift a little and look down. He is holding hands with Bella.

A jolt of jealousy goes throw me and I see Jasper look at me worried. I force it down and I saw him relax slightlt.

I did told her to move on. That's when I notice something strange. Bella and Jacob seem to be the same temperature if I judge by afar.

I frown a little but don't say anything. I guess they too have things to explain.

Jake sees this and says: "I'll explain after you tell us what happened to you."
I nod trying to read his mind. I get parts of it. He dosen't fully trust me but behaved because Bella does. I guess I have to be thankful. Would not want to come back to life only to start fighting the next second.