3

"Tonight is the full moon

"Tonight is the full moon. We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse" Elijah explained.

"Corey and Elena said that the Sun and the Moon curse is fake? That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus" Stefan added.

"Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline, which is where Corey gets his werewolf side from. The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it, he'll be a true hybrid" Elijah informed.

"Then why are we letting him break the curse? We can kill him today. With Bonnie" Damon said as he entered the room.

"Bonnie will die if she uses that much power" Corey reminded the raven haired vampire. "I'll right her a great eulogy" Corey glared at the raven haired vampire.

"It's not an option Damon" Elena stated. "How do we break the curse Lijah?" Corey asked his uncle, who smiled at the nickname.

"Well, the ritual itself is relatively straightforward. The ingredients, so to speak, you already know" Corey nodded. "The moonstone" Stefan added.

"A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone. After that, Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire, will sacrifice one of each" The Original continued.

"Where do I fit in?" Elena inquired.

Elijah took out a wooden box. "Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelgänger to the point of your death" Stefan and Damon looked at Elena, who held Corey's shaking hand comfortingly.

"And that's where you come in" Elena said. "This is an elixir that I acquired some 500 years ago for Katerina. It possesses mystical properties of resuscitation" Elijah finished.

"So then I'll be dead" Corey gripped tighter on Elena's hand. "And then you won't". Damon glared at Elijah.

"That's your plan? A magical witch potion with no expiration date?" Damon was furious. "You want to come back to life, what about John's ring?" Damon reminded the doppelgänger.

"Those rings only work on humans. The doppelgänger's a supernatural occurrence. Odds are, the ring won't work" Elijah butted in.

"I'll take those odds over your elixir. What if it doesn't work, Elena?" Damon exclaimed. "Then I guess I'll just be dead" Damon looked over at his brother, who had no reaction. Damon stormed off, and Elena just brushed it off.

"Do we know if Klaus has everything he needs to do this? Does he have a werewolf?" Elena asked. "Klaus has been waiting to break this curse for over a thousand years. If he doesn't already have a werewolf, my guess is by tonight, he will".