8

"Welcome to Chicago boys" Klaus smirked as they all got out of the car

"Welcome to Chicago boys" Klaus smirked as they all got out of the car. Memories of being with Ripper Stefan flooded Corey's brain, making the tribrid shiver.

"What are we doing here?" Stefan grabbed Corey's arm when he realized he was remembering everything that happened with Ripper Stefan. "I know how much you loved it here. Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days?" Klaus said.

"Blacked out most of them. A lot of blood, a lot of partying, a lot of making Corey have fun. The details are all a blur" Stefan stated. "Well, that is a crying shame. The details are what make it legend".

***

"Word was the ripper of Monterrey got lonely, so he escaped to the city for comfort along with his companion. It was Prohibition. Everything was off limits then, which made everything so much fun"

"Corey, join" Stefan urged. Corey ignored his pleads. Corey was only there to try and clean up Stefan's mess. Stefan, despite his condition, was the closest thing he had to a family after who knows what happened to his mother.

"Fine, she's dead anyways" Stefan muttered. Corey helped Stefan clean up before the two entered the bar.

Gloria was singing onstage when she saw Stefan and Corey enter. Corey waved at Gloria, making her smile. "Guess who my eyes have just spied, ladies? Looking for a good time, Mr. Salvatore and Mr. Pierce?" Corey had taken his mothers fake last name as a coverup. "Save me a dance, Gloria" Stefan called, before walking away. Corey noticed his crush(aka a friend he made) and made his way over to them.

***

"Chicago was magical" Klaus smirked(per usual. "Yeah, well, I'll take your word for it. Like I said, I don't remember most of it. Corey doesn't like the memories" Flashes of the only person he had ever loved getting their heart ripped out of their chest by Stefan hit Corey.

"Going to get down to business, then?" Stefan looked at Klaus. "Why are we still with you? We had our fun, your hybrids failed. I mean, don't you want to move on?" Stefan inquired.

"We're going to see my second favorite witch, Corey being the first. If anyone can help us with our hybrid problem, it's her. She's a bit more experienced than Corey".

***

As Corey had been talking to his crush, he noticed Stefan and his friends being yelled at by a blonde haired girl, who he could sense was a powerful vampire. "I'll be right back" He told his crush, before walking over.

"Is everything alright?" Corey asked Stefan and the other vampire. "It's fine Corey, go back to flirting" Stefan teased, making Corey roll his eyes.