5

Corey woke up in Alaric's apartment

Corey woke up in Alaric's apartment. "Elijah brought you here, he's looking after Klaus who's still in his wolf form" Corey noticed his mom(who looked exactly like the doppelganger) and started crying. "She's dead! Elena's dead!" Despite the womans hatred for the human doppelganger, she comforted her son.

"At least you won't have to worry about her?" Katherine tried to comfort, though it came out more as a question than anything. It had been a long time since she was a mother towards Corey so it felt pretty awkward.

An hour later, Stefan showed up. "You were suppose to kill him!" Katherine hissed as she continued to comfort her son.

"We ran into complications. I just need to find him. Do you have any idea where he might be?" Stefan asked, noticing a broken Corey. He felt terrible that Corey really thought Elena was dead, but he had to keep Corey safe. Katherine heard Elijah and Klaus coming towards the apartment. She set Corey on the couch and stood up.

"Klaus, you're back. Look who decided to come for a visit" Katherine motioned towards Stefan. " You just keep popping up, don't you?" Klaus noticed the terrible state Corey was in and started to feel guilty but pushed the feelings back.

"I need your help for my brother" Stefan explained. "Well, whatever it is, it's gonna have to wait a tick. You see, I have an obligation to my brother that requires my immediate attention" Klaus turned towards Elijah and Elijah turned towards Stefan.

" You understand how important family is, or you wouldn't be here. My brother gave me his word that he would reunite me with my own" Elijah almost tried apologizing for betraying them. "And so I shalll" Klaus daggered his older brother who fell to the floor temporarily dead. He pushed Stefan against the wall. Corey than felt a surge of energy flowing through him, anger at what Klaus did and would do to Stefan. He sped over and pushed Klaus off of Stefan.

"I won't let you kill one of my friends, not again" Corey snarled. "Corey, stop!" Katherine exclaimed, worried for her son. "I would never hurt my son Katerina" Klaus snarled.

"Well you did kidnap me, kill two people I carre about, then snapped my neck" Corey reminded him. Stefan interupted the conversation before anything else could happen.

"Thee witches said you had a cure. Make me a deal. Just give me the cure, and I'll do whatever you want" Stefan begged. " Trouble is I don't know if you'd be any good to me the way you are now. You are just shy of useless" Klaus poured himself a glass of blood.

Corey and Stefan stood next to each other, closely keeping an eye on the other. "I heard about these two vampires, crazy bloke, always on and off the wagon for decades whle the other stayed by his side, doing whatever the other wanted him to do. When he was off, he was magnificent. 1917, he went into Monterrey and wiped out an entire migrant village...A true ripper. The other vampire killed as much as the ripper wanted him to. The two were dangerous killers. Sound familiar?" Corey and Stefan shuttered as they remembered the days where they were murderous rippers.