9

The three men waited for Rebekah who was trying on clothing

The three men waited for Rebekah who was trying on clothing. "There has to be more to this dress" She complained in the dressing room. "There's not" Rebekah walked out in a dress she considered "slutty" but nowadays was the norm.

"So women in the 21st century dress like prostitutes, then. You know, I got dirty looks for wearing trousers" Rebekah complained. "You wore trousers so women today could wear nothing" Klaus replied.

"And what is this music? It sounds like a cable car accident" Corey laughed lightly. "It's dance music Bekah" Rebekah smiled at the nickname. "People dance to this?" Corey nodded.

Klaus became jealous of Rebekah. How could Corey form a relationship with Rebekah that easily? "Are we done?" Klaus grumbled. "And why are you so grumpy?" Rebekah gave him a look.

"I needed one thing from you for my witch to find out why my hybrids are dying, one thing. Your necklace. And you lost it" Rebekah scoffed. "I didn't lose it. It's just been missing for 90 years" Rebekah turned to Stefan, showing him her dress.

"So, what do you think?" This made Stefan a bit nervous. "I like it" Stefan lied. "I can always tell when you're lying, Stefan" Rebekah turned towards Corey.

"Do you like it?" She spun around. "I feel like it's a bit too dark for you. You like to seem innocent and friendly to trick people, so I would wear something with a lighter shade" Stefan and Klaus looked at Corey in shock.

"What? I knew her for a month before I left" Corey shrugged. Rebekah smiled at Corey. "You know me more than these two, you're my favorite" She left into the dressing room. Stefan noticed the jealousy on Klaus's face and realized that he was jealous of his baby sister for the relationship Corey and Rebekah had.

"It took me a while after I killed Mason before Corey trusted me again, it will slowly get to what you want" Stefan advised as Corey helped Rebekah pick out a new outfit. Klaus smiled gratefully at Stefan.

***

Stefan had left and talked with Katherine and made his way towards Gloria's bar where Rebekah, Klaus, and Corey were. "You left me" Corey pouted adorably. "Yeah, sorry. Retail therapy was making my head explode" Stefan lied.

"Tell me about it" Corey and Rebekah rolled their eyes. Stefan then noticed Gloria. "What's she doing?" Stefan motioned towards the witch. "She's failing" Klaus said, earning a look from Corey. "Be nice" Corey scolded. Klaus rolled his eyes, trying to hide his smile.

"It's hard to find something when you don't have anything to go on" Gloria explained. "So use me. I only wore it for a thousand years" Rebekah offered.

"See? Now this one offers a solution" Corey didn't understand that the necklace was Elena's, but Stefan was because he knew Elena was alive. Not only did he not want Klaus to find out, but he didn't want Corey to know either. Corey was already on edge for remembering the death of the only person he had ever loved romantically, so if he found out Stefan kept this from him the entire summer, he would never speak to Stefan again.

***

The four left to give Gloria some space. "My girl's dead. I'm bored" Rebekah complained. "You should've drank from her, give her your blood to heal her, and then kept drinking from her over and over" They all looked at Corey, surprised that he came up with that.

"Why didn't you tell me that earlier?" Corey shrugged. "You didn't ask me" Corey replied, making Klaus and Stefan laugh. 

"You weren't kidding about being hungry" Klaus said to Stefan. "Yeah. It's been a long day" Stefan sighed. "Try being related to her" The two laughed, upsetting Rebekah.

"You're being mean. And why are you being mean? You used to love me. I knew you more than Corey, who actually seems to love his Aunt Bekah" Corey gave her a reassuring smile. "It's been ninety years, Rebekah. Give him a minute" Corey gave Klaus a disapproving look. Even though he hadn't known Rebekah for that long, he knew his words were always insulting towards his little sister.

"Why are you taking his side?" Rebekah asked. "Because, my dear sister, I feel pity for any man who doesn't give you what you want" Klaus made Rebekah even more upset.

"Will you stop making me out to be a brat? I am not a brat!" She argued. "A thousand years of life experience says otherwise" Stefan knew he had to butt in before it got out of hand. "Well, you're no picnic, either. I mean, I've only spent one summer with you and I feel like I want to blow my head off" Rebekah laughed while Corey watched it amusingly. Stefan left to write the dead girls name on his wall.

"Even after everything Stefan's done to you, you still love him? How?" Rebekah questioned. "It's the same way you love your brother. Stefan, Damon, and I are a dysfunctional family, but we're still a family. You get to choose your family, and after not knowing Klaus existed till about a year ago when my mother told me, and having my mother leave me, all I had were Stefan and Damon. And besides, I got my revenge on Stefan" Rebekah and Klaus were extremely curious.

"What did you do?" Klaus was eager to know. "I turned his girlfriend at the time to a crazy humanity-less vampire. It seemed fun to watch Stefan have to kill her, until then guilt drowned me. I'm not really proud of it" Corey admitted. "And that's what makes you nothing like Katerina and I, you feel remorse after even hurting a fly" Klaus comforted Corey, making Rebekah smirk.

***

When Corey and Klaus came back to the warehouse, Rebekah had look on her face which meant Stefan did something wrong, per usual. "Gloria's gone. She's cleared out. We need to find a new witch immediately" Klaus said as the other two noticed the father-son duo. Corey looked between Stefan and Rebekah. "What's going on?" Rebekah turned towards Klaus.

"Something's wrong. He was asking about Mikael. He's not with us, Nik. I can sense it. Not like Corey is" Rebekah explained. "She wrong Klaus, Corey..." Klaus snapped Stefan's neck.

"I think I know what the problem is" Klaus turned towards Corey, knowing he wouldn't have any clue, otherwise he wouldn't have been as angry the entire summer. "Elena's alive" Corey choked back a sob. He couldn't tell if it was joyful or sadness. But one thing he knew, Elena was alive. And he wanted to know why they kept it from him.