15

Stefan just had to ruin everything

They were going to be all cool until Stefan decides to take the coffins that held his aunt and uncle's with a dagger in their hearts. Then, the slight moment of peace was demolished by the vampire who wanted revenge. Klaus and Corey entered The Grill, a couple of Klaus's hybrids following behind.

"Klaus" Damon and Elena turned around and stared at the father-son duo in shock. "You gonna do this in the Grill? In front of everyone? It's a little beneath you, don't you think?" Damon stated.

"I don't know what you are talking about. I just came down to my local pub to grab a drink with my son and my friend" Klaus turned towards Tony, who Elena recognized as a jogger who had been following her earlier.

"Get a round in, would you Tony?" Damon rolled his eyes. "I'm surprised you stuck around town long enough for happy hour Damon snarled, still upset that Corey had saved Klaus and killed Mikael.

"My Aunt Rebekah's missing, we kinda need to sort that out" Damon and Elena noticed how similar the two were after spending time with each other. "Cute blonde bombshell, psycho. Shouldn't be too hard to find" Damon dismissed.

"Truth is I've grown to rather like your little town. Think I might fancy a home here, Corey can graduate here. Oh I imagine you're wondering how does this is affect you. The answer is: not in the slightest. As long as I get what I want and everyone behaves themselves you can go on living your little lives however you choose. You have my word" Klaus promised.

"What more can you want?" Elena exclaimed dramatically.

"Tell us where Stefan is" Damon spotted a spark of anger in Corey's eye that he had never seen before. "Stefan skipped town the second he helped you save Klaus's ass" Damon told him.

"That's a shame" Klaus threw a darts, hitting their bullseye exactly. "Your brother stole from both of us. I need him found so we can take back what's ours" Klaus smirked. Elena got a boost of confidence.

"That seems like a Corey, Klaus, and Stefan problem" Klaus was not phase by her words. "Ha. Well this is me broadening the scope, sweetheart" Klaus smirked before the two walked away.

***

When Corey heard that Klaus had planned to hurt Jeremy, the tribrid freaked out. Hurting Jeremy wouldn't hurt Stefan, and frankly he was fond of the little Gilbert. Corey vamp-sped over to the Gilberts house. When he saw Jeremy about to be hit by the van driven by the hybrid, he pushed Jeremey and let himself get run over.

"Corey!" Alaric screamed, Elena was in complete shock as well as Jeremy. "Oh god" Tony, the hybrid, mumbled in fear, driving away. "Corey!" Alaric helped the tribrid get up. "I'm okay" Corey muttered, before his body made him pass out.

***

"How is he?" Damon had rushed over as soon as he heard. "Corey's okay, I think. His bodies probably healing as we speak" Elena felt unsure. The two had gone through a lot of shit, but that didn't mean she wanted him to be hurt.

"He saved Jeremy from Klaus" Alaric added, feeling proud of the tribrid. "He's not like them" The three turned towards Jeremy. "He isn't a Mikaelson, he isn't a Pierce or Petrov. He's Corey, don't expect him to be just like his parents" Jeremy snapped before going upstairs to get Corey a comic to read when he woke up.

***

Corey had finally gotten home, being wrapped in a hug by Klaus. "You tried to kill Jeremy" Corey remembered.

"I had to son, it motivated Elena to go find Stefan. We can get them all back now" Corey sighed, he didn't know what side he should choose. "Just, please don't try to hurt Jeremy again" Corey left the room.

***

Damon had just come from talking with Stefan and was now speaking with Elena. "Corey, he saved Jeremy's life today. After all we have done to him, he went and saved Jeremy" Elena said.

"He's a good person Elena, no matter who his family is" Elena sighed. "I also found out why Stefan helped save Klaus" This caught Elena's interest. "Why?" She asked.

"Corey's vision, everyone was going to be dead. The only reason he helped was because Corey said he'd be all alone, Stefan didn't want that. Elena, I think Stefan loves Corey, not in a brotherly way".