4

WHEN COREY WOKE UP, HE HAD NO IDEA WHERE HE WAS

WHEN COREY WOKE UP, HE HAD NO IDEA WHERE HE WAS. He was surrounded by fire. He stood up to see three girls in a ring of fire. It wasn't just any girls. It was Jules the werewolf, Jenna as a vampire, and Elena the doppelganger. "Corey!" Jenna and Elena sighed in relief. Klaus finally showed up.

"Hello, my lovelies. Are we ready?" He looked at his son. "Consider this father-son bonding" Klaus smirked.

As if it didn't matter to him, Klaus killed Jules(the werewolf). Corey knew it was just a matter of time before he killed Jenna and Elena. Klaus poured the blood of Jules into a fountain while the witch with him chanted.

"Does that mean it's working?" Klaus questioned the young witch. "It's working" Jenna looked over at Corey and Elena.

"The day that the lawyers called to tell me that I was going to become your guardian, you know what my first thought was? Isn't there someone else who can do this?" Elena sighed.

"Jenna, there was no one else who could have gotten me and Jeremy through all of that" If they weren't in a life threatening situation, Corey would have corrected the doppelganger's grammar.

"It's just the thought that I almost passed up taking care of you" Jenna admitted. "But you didn't. You put your entire life on hold to help us" Elena reminded the young adult.

"Look around Elena, I failed both of you. I'm the adult, I let this happen to you two" Jenna felt terrible.

"No. You didn't. I failed you. I'm so sorry. Listen. Being a vampire, it intensifies your guilt. But it also makes you stronger and faster like Corey. You can fight back. I'm gonna get through this. I'll be okay. I need you to believe that. Promise me, when you get the chance.." Elena mouthed the next words. "Take Corey and Run" Jenna nodded.

***

Klaus approached the newly turned vampire. "Hello Jenna" He greeted.

"Let her go. I understand that I have to die, but she doesn't!" When Elena tried to walk closer, the flames flared up. "Careful" Klaus warned.

"Elena, you're gonna get yourself hurt" Corey warned. " I followed your rules; I did everything that you asked. I didn't run. Please" Elena begged Klaus.

"Well, well, well. I don't recall you being on the guest list" The four looked on top of the quarry to see Stefan standing there. "I'm here to talk" Stefan said. Klaus looked at Corey, then vamp sped next to Stefan. "What can I do for you, Mr. Salvatore".

Corey listened in on what Stefan and Klaus were talking about. "Corey what's going on?" Jenna asked worriedly. "Stefan's an idiot" Corey growled. "Why? What is he doing? Corey?" Elena questioned. Corey turned towards the two. "He wants to take Jenna's place" The three looked towards Stefan in shock.

***

"Quite the predicament. You know, it's funny, all this talk about preserving family, and here's Stefan, granting your wish" Klaus said to Elena, trying to ignore the pained look on Corey's face.

"Stefan" He smiled sadly at his girlfriend. "It's okay" He reasurred her. Stefan then turned towards Corey.

"Take care of Damon" He told the tribrid. Corey tried to use his magic, but it was like he was immobilized. "Who's it going to be, Elena?" Klaus smirked. "No" Klaus rolled his eyes.

"Oh, don't worry. There's actually no choice" Klaus staked Stefan in the back, making him fall to the ground in pain. "Stefan!" Corey cried. "I have other plans for your boyfriend. I want him alive. But for now..." Klaus snapped his neck as he also pulled out the stake.

"Whenever you're ready, Greta" He told the witch, who nodded. "No" Corey whispered as tears started slowly pouring out of his eyes. "Jenna, no!" Elena cried.

"It's alright Elena, Corey. I know what I have to do" She told the two, before sharing a moment of silence. Jenna vamp sped to Greta before ferociously bitting her neck. Greta screamed in pain. Klaus vamp sped over to Jenna and staked her in the back, pulling her off of the young witch. Jenna gasped and fell to the ground, Elena and Corey couldn't stop the tears poruing out of their eyes.

"Just turn it off. Jenna. Turn it off. You won't be scared anymore" Jenna nodded, turning her emotions off right before she was staked in the heart by Klaus. Elena screamed while Corey stood their in shock. Jenna's body turned grey and decayed.

Stefan woke up and tried to rip out the chuck of wood out of his back, but couldn't reach it. "It's time" Klaus smirked again, ignoring his son's cries as best as he could. The fire circle around the doppelganger left. Klaus extended his hand towards Elena. She got up from the ground and walks past Klaus, ignoring him. Elena made her way to the altar and looked down at her suntsr lifeless body. Klaus followed her up to the altar and grabbed Elena's face in his hand. Corey sobbed and Stefan struggled to try and get up.

"Thank you Elena" She glared at the soon to be hyrbid. "Go to hell" Were the doppelgangers last words. Klaus sinked his fangs into her neck and drained Elena of blood. Klaus dropped her lifeless body to the ground.

"I can feel it! It's happening!" The flame around Corey dropped, the tribrid vamp sped towards Klaus and tried to attack him, which only got his neck snapped in return.