16

"So, you like Corey

"So, you like Corey. When did that happen? It's seemed like it's usually a sibling bond" Stefan scoffed at Damon's words.

"You aren't in my shoes Damon, you don't feel what I feel" Stefan realized he made a mistake by letting those words out. "So I was right!" Stefan groaned.

"Wait-then why are you dating Elena? Is that why you killed Mason? Is that why you-" Stefan cut Damon off. "Stop" Stefan moaned.

"Nope, I want to know everything!".

***

Corey was at his new house with his father. He was talking to one of the hybrids when he heard someone come into the house. He ands his father walked side-by-side as they approached the brooding vampire who had stolen their family.

"I'm surprised you're still in town. I gave you your freedom, you could have gone anywhere" Klaus reminded Stefan. "I live here, Klaus" Stefan then smiled slightly when he saw Corey, which only earned an glare from Klaus.

"Well, if we're playing this game, then I was here first" Klaus told him. "You know, I don't like your hybrid friends. They're everywhere, kind of like fleas. I want them gone" Stefan demanded.

"Yeah, well I kind of like having them around. You know, I'm hurt. I hoped that when I freed you, we'd pick up where we left off. But here you are, guzzling vervain like the rest of them, I'm sure. So much for friendship. But where do you and Corey stand? After all, you took his uncles from him" Stefan rolled his eyes.

"Klaus, get your hybrids out of Mystic Falls or I will remove them myself" Stefan said threateningly. "Hmm. You see, if you continue to threaten me, I'm gonna be forced to retaliate. Kill people. And it will get messy again" Klaus threatened back. Corey looked between the two nervously.

"Do whatever you want, I don't really care. Or you know what? Maybe I do. Maybe I care so much, that I'll drop Elijah in the Arctic" Corey panicked.

"Dad" Corey whimpered, not knowing what to do. He didn't want to loose his uncle, he barely had any family and didn't want to loose any of them. "Well, maybe I'll be willing to lose one brother if it meant killing yours" Corey's eyes widened at Klaus's words. Was he really willing to loose his own brother for his own revenge?

"Is everything okay? Why is Corey shaking?" The two noticed Corey's fearful state as Mindy walked in, comforting the tribrid.

"Everything is fine, Mindy. Stefan was just leaving after failing to make his point. Take Corey up to his room and draw him a bath to relax in" In hidden jealousy, Stefan took a saw that was on the table and cut the hybrids head clean off, killing her. Corey freaked out even more.

"Well, one down. You may want to, ah, send the rest of them away before it gets messy, again" Corey felt anger surging through him. But before Corey could attack his old friend, Klaus held him back and watched as Stefan left. "Don't make it worse Corey".

***

Klaus had dragged off Corey to the Founders Hall for the project on restoring wicker bridge. Damon had seen Klaus flirting with the mayor while Corey just stood there uncomfortably. "Look what the cat dragged in" Damon said towards Klaus before looking over at Corey.

"Nice tux" Damon complimented. "Good to see you, Damon. Carol and I were discussing about whether you would be the other big benefactor" Klaus said smirking, per usual.

"What do you say Damon? Klaus and Corey have made a very generous pledge. You know how we're chomping at the bit to begin the renovation" Carol suggested.

"Carol, don't take this the wrong way, but do you realize that you've been kissing the ass of an immortal hybrid who ruined your son's life? Not to mention, his tribrid son that could kill you without blinking when he fully develops his powers?" Damon exclaimed.

"Oh, come now. Some would say that I saved it from all that nasty full moon business. I've never had to go through it myself more than twice, to be honest, but still, I'm very sympathetic" Klaus mused with a smirk. "Klaus has promised to protect Tyler, Damon. And our town. And Corey has been a member of this town for a while and I trust him" Carol announced.

"From who? His hybrids are the one the town needs protection from" Damon gave Carol a look, pleading her to not go through with this. "We wouldn't need the hybrids if Stefan would just return my uncles to us" Damon made note to tell Stefan that Corey was pissed at him.

"Not gonna happen" Damon hummed. "That's what I thought, which is why I've come to an agreement with the Mayor. You and the Council stay out of my hair, I stay out of yours. Your town gets protected, my hybrids get left alone and everybody will be happy. All you have to do is to get Stefan to stop decapitating mine and Corey's friends" Klaus explained.

"Please Damon, just get your brother under control, or the Council will be forced to take action against him" Carol declared. "You've got to be kidding me!" Damon groaned.

"Damon, this is a change for peace between all of it, for everything to be the same as it once was. Can you please get Stefan to return my family?" Nobody could resist Corey's puppy eyes that he rarely used, even his enemies couldn't. Damon knew he was screwed and so was Stefan if he didn't cooperate.

***

Corey got bored at the party and decided to walk home. On the way, he ran into Stefan and Elena at wickery bridge. Elena was crying. "What's going on?" Stefan's eyes widened, not wanting Corey to know about the thing he had just done. Knowing that Stefan wouldn't want Corey to know, Elena knew it was the only way to get back at Stefan for almost driving her over the same bridge her parents had died on, the same bridge she almost died on.

"Stefan tried to drive me off of the bridge" Corey's eyes widened, hugging Elena comfortingly. "I'll walk you home" Corey glared at Stefan as the two left, walking to Elena's.

"I'm sorry Corey" He looked at the doppelgänger of his mother in confusion. "What?" He furrowed his eyebrows. "For everything I've done. I understand that you're a Mikaelson and okay with it, and I'm okay with it. And I'm so sorry I never told you I was alive and nobody else did too. It's all my fault. I caused you so much pain and grief" Corey hugged the doppelgänger.

"It will take me awhile, but I'll forgive you at some point. I've made mistakes and done bad things too. You're human, you aren't suppose to be perfect" The two finished their hug before Corey left, going home to his father.