11

"Bekah, this is a stupid idea" Corey retorted as they arrived at the Mikaelson house

"This is your home Corey, whether they betrayed you or not. Plus, Nik compelled Stefan to watch you and Elena. So being around them was inevitable" Rebekah reminded him. The two reached the Salvatore's door and Rebekah barged in, dragging her shopping bags and nephew behind her.

"He left us here. My brother actually left us here" Rebekah said as they got the attention of the brothers.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Your tone implies that I'm actually supposed to care about you? Corey being here makes my job easier" Stefan winked at the tribrid who felt uncomfortable. "You're Klaus's sister?" Damon asked.

"Rebekah. Pleasure, I'm sure. Which one's my room?" The two looked at the blonde as if she was crazy. "You're not staying here" Rebekah scoffed. "Rude. Both of you. I'll see to it myself" She went upstairs, leaving the three boys behind.

"So I guess she's staying here" They turned towards Corey. "Corey, are you still mad about the whole 'not telling you Elena was alive' thing?" Damon got his answer when Corey gave him an aneurism.

"That answers that question" Stefan joked. Damon got up, recovering from the pain the Mikaelson gave him. "Why didn't you do that to Stefan!" Damon complained. "When I'm no humanity Stefan, Corey never leaves my side and always is there to clean up my mess, aren't you Corey?" The tribrid shook his head. "Not this time Stefan" Corey stormed off to his room.

***

When Corey showed up to school, he was met by his friends eyes and sighed. He knew he couldn't be mad at them forever seeing as Elena and Bonnie don't have forever. "Corey!" He smiled when Rebekah approached him.

"I hate this bloody school, men looking at me like I'm an object they can possess. Though I do like the jealous looks I get from girls" Corey laughed, rolling his eyes at Rebekah being vain.

"I gotta go to AP History" Rebekah wiggled her eyebrows, showing Corey that they had the exact same schedule. "Nik wanted me to keep an eye out for you when Stefan can't. But don't worry, I'm gonna be fashionably late" Corey said his goodbye's before going to class.

"Corey" Humanity-less Stefan's smirk always creeped Corey out a bit. "Corey, can we please talk later" Elena begged, sitting in her usual spot. "Maybe" Alaric walked in.

"Welcome back, seniors. Let's turn our brains back on, starting with this country's original founders, the Native Americans" This was the time Rebekah chose to walk in. "What about the Vikings" She sat next to Corey, jealousy filling up Elena as she realized her mistake let another girl replace her.

"There's no evidence that Viking explorers actually settled in the United States. Who are you?" Corey snorted knowing full well Vikings did settle in the New World, Rebekah and Niklaus were living(sorta) proof. "I'm Rebekah, I'm new. And history is my favorite subject" Corey smiled. "Because you are History" Corey mused quietly, earning a playful jab by Rebekah.

***

"Corey" Elena, Bonnie, Caroline, Matt, and Tyler had dragged him into an empty classroom. "What? I have to go to Creative Writing" Corey pretended to be annoyed, but was really interested in what kind of bullshit they would spew.

"We're sorry, okay? We didn't want Klaus to have any reason to try and attack you. We were just trying to keep you safe" Corey rolled his eyes. "No, you were just trying to keep your ass safe, and not care about others feelings. Elena, we were best friends, and you let me suffer in loss and guilt because of your fake death. As my best friend, how could you?" Elena looked down guiltily. "I'm sorry Corey, I didn't mean to hurt you" Corey shook his head, his eyes stinging. "But you did anyways" Corey snapped, then calmed himself down when he realized what he was doing. "I have to go" he muttered, leaving the classroom to find Rebekah.

***

The Mystic Falls Gang were now planning how they are gonna stop Stefan. "I'll lure Stefan away from the bonfire. Then when he's distracted..." Alaric interrupted her. "I'll shoot him" He finished.

"Can't Bonnie just ju-ju him or something?" Damon complained. "I'm trying to keep Bonnie out of this. I don't trust that Stefan won't hurt her. Caroline, are you covered?" Anyone with common sense would find this stupid seeing as she was making Alaric and Caroline be in harms way, but keeping Bonnie out.

"Yes! I will make sure that the old Forbes jail cell is prepped and ready" Caroline exclaimed with the usual peppy attitude. "We're forgetting two key players here. Rebekah and Corey? In their entire life of knowing each other, Corey has never left Stefan's side when he was humanity-less except for once, not to mention that humanity-less Stefan won't let Corey leave his side, compulsion or not. Not to mention whenever Corey goes, Barbie Klaus follows" Damon reminded the group.

"Which is why it's your job to keep Rebekah away. If we need to, we will also lock up Corey. He's already mad at us so it doesn't matter" Damon, for the first time ever, looked at Elena as if she was insane.

"We are not locking up Corey!" He argued. Tyler chose then to walk in. "Sorry I'm late. What did I miss?" He asked. "We need you to raid your mom's vervain supply. Enough to keep Stefan down for a while" Elena said firmly.

"You can't do that to Stefan" Everyone looked at him as if he was the dumbest person alive. "Why not?" Caroline was fed up with the attitude Tyler had ever since he was turned into a hybrid.

"Trust me, Tyler, it's in his best interest" Elena persuaded. "Yeah, but it's not in Klaus's or Corey's" Damon's eyes widened in realization. "But Klaus is the bad guy, Tyler. You know, why are you acting like some freaky, hybrid, slave minion" Caroline yelled.

"Uh oh" Damon muttered, eyeing Tyler suspiciously. "Klaus made me who I am, Caroline. I owe him everything" The lightbulb went off in Damon's head. "Oh boy" Caroline turned towards Damon angrily.

"Okay, can we cool it on the commentary, please!" She was getting frustrated with both boys. "What's going on?" Elena questioned cluelessly. Damon took a vervain dart from Alaric's desk and stabbed Tyler with it before he tried to leave, making the hybrid pass out.

"What are you doing!" Caroline ran to Tyler's side. "He's been sired" Nobody understood Damon, who had to explain what he meant. "Sired. He feels loyal to Klaus because Klaus's blood created him. He must be loyal to Corey either by Klaus's command or because Corey's his son" Damon sighed.

"Loyal how?" Elena wondered. "He'll seek acceptance from his master. It's really rare. But maybe not so much in hybrid" Caroline scowled, this was way too problematic for her. "How do I fix him?" Caroline asked desperately.

"Get a new boyfriend".

***

Corey talked with a teenager, liking the human boys company. That is, until Stefan compelled the boy away, making Corey sour. "Seriously Stefan? What was that for?" Corey whined.

"Go home Corey, I'm pretty sure those idiots are planning something to lock me up" Corey nodded, rushing out, not wanting conflict with those idiots.