19

The Mikaelson's were still a bit awkward around each other, but it seemed like Kol didn't take what Klaus had said to heart, brushing it off and being extra nice to Corey

The Mikaelson's were still a bit awkward around each other, but it seemed like Kol didn't take what Klaus had said to heart, brushing it off and being extra nice to Corey. So nice, in fact, that it was completely out of character. Corey felt bad, knowing it was out of fear, but didn't say anything.

"Well, well, well, there's our girl!" Kol hollered as Rebekah entered the room. He got up from the couch, standing in front of her. "Get out of my way, Kol" Rebekah gritted her teeth angrily.

"Out all night. What a scandal! I trust you did better than that commoner? Matt, was it?" Corey glared at his uncle. "Kol..." The original paid no attention to his nephew. "If you don't shut your mouth, the next thing to come out of it will be your teeth" Klaus smirked at Rebekah.

"Don't start, Nik" Klaus played innocent. "I didn't say anything" Klaus told her. Kol begged Klaus to go out and have fun. "Yes, please go, this house has enough men rolling around it in. The only one's who are capable of being around are Elijah and Corey" Corey stood up to leave with his aunt.

"Just like you, Bekah" Rebekah threw a shoe at him. "Good riddance, both of you! Come on Corey" Rebekah tugged Corey along, only to be stopped by Elijah who was holding burnt sage. "Not you too, Elijah" Rebekah groaned. " I'm worried about mother. Have you not noticed her strange behavior?" Corey nodded in agreement, while Rebekah shook her head.

"She's been dead for a thousand years. What's strange for her? And don't pull my innocent nephew into this" Rebekah questioned. "Burnt sage. She was doing a privacy spell" Corey took the sage and inspected it. "You know she fancies such things. Why don't you ask Finn? He's been doting on her" Rebekah groaned in annoyance.

"He is not trustworthy, Bekah. I can sense that he does not like what we all are, he can barely look at me without giving me a nasty look" Corey mumbled. "That's not true. And as for mother, she returned for one reason, to make our family whole. She loves us. What trouble are you looking to find?" Rebekah left in denial. Elijah and Corey met eyes.

"I don't trust her" The two agreed. "Do what you must, Lijah. Do what you need to protect our family. Even protect Finn" Elijah nodded. Corey might not like Finn that much, but he was still family, and it's family that gets you through everything. Not romantic, not biological family, your true family. And so far, Corey still held Finn in his true family.

***

Corey ended up going to the bar with Kol and his father, only to keep an eye on them. As the two brothers drank and Corey watched for trouble, he spotted Caroline walking in. He smiled at the girl, who smiled and waved. "I remember her from last night. She looks like a tasty little thing" Klaus glared at his brother.