23

Of course, they all decided to do everything behind Corey's back once more

Of course, they all decided to do everything behind Corey's back once more. You'd think he'd learn. Except this time, it was also behind Stefan's back.

The two had been working on trying to get a grip on his new life without vampire powers when they found out that their so called 'friends' desicated Klaus and hid him. So, Corey called Elijah. Corey and Elijah showed up at Elena's where they all were. Matt, Stefan, Elena, Corey, and Elijah were all in her kitchen.

"All we need is to take that stake away from him. Once he's been disarmed, the weapon's in my possession, my family will scatter to the ends of the Earth and Alaric will follow us" Elijah proposed to the three. "And you'll just run? Dragging Corey with you?" Stefan sat next to Elena.

"We've done it before. Klaus and Rebekah spent the better part of a thousand years evading my father. What's another half century while Elena is able to live out the rest of her natural life?" It would have been a good proposal except for two things.

One, Corey would be dragged with them. Two, what Elena was about to address.

"We've finally stopped him, Elijah. After everything that he's done to us, I can't just let you bring him back" Corey gave the girl a look, making her become silent. "I give you my word, Elena. I will not revive Klaus within yours nor even within your children's lifetimes. Perhaps that will finally teach him some manners" Stefan looked over at Corey who stayed silent, wondering how he could convince the boy to stay with him in Mystic Falls. Hell, Stefan was even willing to run with them if it meant being with Corey.

"Why should she trust you? All you've done is screw her over" Corey mentally rolled his eyes at Matt's words. "And for that, I am deeply ashamed. But know this, she could have been dead the instant I walked through that door tonight, so Elena, I leave it to you to make the decision whether to trust me or not".

"Not! Hello? Did that concussion give you brain damage?! His lunatic siblings will kill you the first chance they get! And I'm not letting Corey go on the run with them!!!" Damon's voice boomed from the cellphone.

"Rebekah and Kol will honor the terms, and Corey has the choice if he wants to run with us or not. If you return Klaus' body to us, Elena will come to no harm. So do we have to deal?"

"No! No, no, no, no! Did I mention no?"

"It's up to Elena" Stefan finished, not really as concerned about her as much as he use to be.

"Oh, come on!!!"

"Why do you want Klaus's body?" Elena questioned. "He's my brother, Corey's father. We remain together" Elena sighed. "We have a deal".