12

"I thought you were pissed off at all of us, why do you wanna hang out?" Corey smiled at the blue eyed Salvatore

"I can't be mad at you, not when the only other person I have is Rebekah, who's trying to be like a human girl" Damon snorted. "Well in that case, we're gonna go visit a certain witch and perky blonde. Apparently, Mason Lockwood's ghost tried to attack me" Corey frowned, remembering the werewolf who had been so nice to him until Damon tore his heart out.

The two go into Damon's car, speeding off until they reached the two girls. The two were shocked and confused why Corey was with Damon and actually talking to him, but not anyone else besides Tyler. "Greetings, blondie. Witchy. I think you got your voodoo wires all crossed when you got rid of Vicki Donovan" Bonnie frowned.

"What do you mean, why?" Damon rolled his eyes at the girls stupidity. "Because I'm pretty sure I just got spit-roasted by Mason Lockwood's ghost" Damon couldn't believe that they couldn't connect the dots.

"What?" Bonnie said, at the same time. Caroline said "And why would you think that?" Damon rolled his eyes.

"Maybe because he chained me to a chair and shoved a hot poker in my chest. Let's just say I'm having déjà vu" Damon retorted.

"I thought you said ghosts couldn't physically react with people" Caroline said to Bonnie, who shook her head. "They can't" Bonnie mumbled.

"Yeah, well, I don't have time for a vengeful Lockwood. When I kill someone, they're supposed to stay dead. Whatever you screwed up, fix it" Damon mused before driving away.

****

Alaric walked over to Corey and Damon who were drinking after seeing Elena's hurt face. "Well, isn't the dynamic duo back together?" Alaric mused.

"Damon was the reason Stefan sold his sanity, I can't be completely mad at him. Besides, I've know him for over a hundred years, that was the only time he actually betrayed me" Corey explained.

"Not to mention, we got a bit of a problem that revolves around Uncle Mason Lockwood's ghost coming back to life" This caught Alaric's attention. As they spoke, Corey noticed the dead man walking over.

"Damon" He nudged the raven haired vampire, who was also now shocked to see Mason Lockwood. The werewolf-ghost took Damon's drank and chugged it. "God, I missed whiskey" Mason smirked.

"Told you" Damon muttered, stealing Corey's drink and chugging it.

***

"One of you will pay for this, right? Cheers" Mason downed the shot. "Let's get to it. I killed you. You want revenge. Get in line" Damon grumbled.

"Actually, I want an apologize" Alaric laughed and Corey snorted. "Good luck with that" Alaric chuckled. "Don't you have a family to haunt? You know your nephew has turned into a mindless hybrid Minion" Mason looked at Corey.

"That's why I'm here, to help Tyler" Mason glared at the child of the man that ruined his nephew's life. "Well, sorry to break it to you, buddy, but Tyler can't be helped. At least not while Klaus is alive. Which is, like, always" Damon said, being insensitive per usual.

"Not necessarily. Not if you found a weapon that could kill him" Corey got up, glaring at the ghost. "Tell us what you know Lockwood" Corey growled. Before Mason Lockwood could try an attack Corey, a familiar face popped up and pushed the ghost away.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you" Damon's eyes widened, recognizing the ghost from Corey's pictures.

"Mason? From the 20's?" Damon guessed, but was ignored because Corey couldn't keep his eyes off of Mason.

"How? You're human!" Mason shook his head. "I was actually an untapped witch from the Bennett line. I've been on the other side for a while. Come on, we need to help Bonnie" Mason dragged Corey off, Corey being too shocked to do anything until they reached the Salvatore house.

"Corey? Why are you here?" Bonnie asked, then saw Mason. "You're a Bennett, aren't you?" Bonnie realized. "And a ghost from the 20's. Corey and I were in love, Stefan killed me" Mason simplified his story.

"What? Corey, you like boys? Why didn't you say anything?" Corey shrugged. "He's bisexual" Mason corrected.

"We're here to help put all the ghosts back. Corey and I might not really be advanced and have as much power, but we can still help" Corey was about to protest, wanting to spend time with Mason alone, but stayed quiet when he noticed the look Mason gave him. "Fine" He agreed.

***

They all went to the witch house. Mason, Bonnie, and Corey lit some candles and held hands. "Bonnie!" Jeremy yelled, but was ignored. Bonnie threw the necklace in the fire and started chanting, the ghost of Grams showed up and held Bonnie's free hand.

"Corey, I love you and I'm proud of you; I'm proud of us. And now that I know that you're going to be okay, I can find peace" Corey shook his head as he started crying. "No, no. I can find a way to bring you back!" Corey exclaimed as hot tears fell down his flushed cheeks.

"It's okay Corey" Mason kissed Corey before a bright light took him away, signaling that he found peace. But he left Corey a sobbing mess. Jeremy ran over and held the sobbing tribrid.

***

Corey went to the cell that Stefan was being held in. "You sure about this Corey? He doesn't have his humanity"Damon reminded him. "I've dealt with Stefan way worse before" Corey walked in, Damon by his side.

"Well if it isn't the two betrayers. My best friend and my brother" Stefan said, his voice starting to become bourse from not drinking blood. "Mason was a witch Stefan, he came back from the other side" This actually shocked Stefan a bit, who then tried to hide it.

"Great, bring him back to life and then leave" Stefan spat, Corey shook his head. "He's gone, he found peace Stefan. And he told me something earlier today"..........

"Corey, promise me something" They were on their way to Bonnie's. "Mason, can we just relish in the fact that you are here, we can kiss!" Corey kissed Mason excitedly, starting to become his old, peppy self. "Can you promise me something?" Corey nodded. "One, be you and not let yourself become angry" Corey nodded once more, curious to know what was next. "And two, you need to let Stefan go. He's holding you back from thriving. Go to the Mikaelson's, they care about you the most".

"So you're gonna 'let me go'?" Stefan mocked. "No, I'm not. Even if Mason told me to, I will never let you go. Whenever you stop being a ripper, I'll be here. No matter what you and Damon do, you guys are my family. Nothing else will change. For now, I'm going to go hang out with Bekah" Corey left.

"Isn't he a sassy one" Damon said before walking away. For just a second, Stefan felt prideful, just for a second Stefan felt something. Only for a second..........