Pain part 2

I woke up the next day with the sun shining on my face. I see Smexy gently rubbing my hand that's in his, he doesn't smile. I move my hand to hold his but my grip is weak. He lifts his head at me quickly and slowly leans in to shower my cheek with kisses as he rubs my head. I try to say something but notice I have an oxygen mask on. I lift my free hand and remove it.

"Hey handsome." I weakly say with half lidded eyes.

He let's out a breath of happiness as his lip quivers.

"Hey beautiful." He chokes out.

I let go of his hand to rub his cheek but find I'm to weak, he grabs my hand to bring it to his face.

"What happened?" I ask.

He licks his lips to try to hide his need to cry. He opens then closes his mouth as he tries to tell me something but can't bring himself to. He simply shakes his head and feel my eyes burn.

"They didn't survive?" I choke out.

"It was only the 3 month and they were to weak from the cord choking them." His eyes appear so he can cry.

He puts my hand down so he can sling a arm over me and lay his head on my upper stomach. We cry together and I try to think what I did wrong.

'Did I sleep wrong? Should we not of had sex?' I think to myself trying not to make a sound from my crying.

"I almost lost you too. He said he couldn't get you to stop bleeding." Smexy sobs out.

I couldn't say anything, I couldn't believe I just lost my unborn twins within 24 hours.

"You even flat lined for a minute." He tightened his grip slightly and looked at me.

I gather enough strength to reach up and rub his face. He kisses my face over and over thankful I'm still here, I kiss his back as tears stream from my eyes.

"Where's Nichol?" I ask after a few minutes.

"She's downstairs with Sally. I tried to tell her the best I could but she figured it out. Shes bright for a 9 year old." He says going back to rubbing my hand.

"I want to see her." I demand.

He nods and stands up, giving me a few more kisses before leaving. I lay there in the deafening quiet, alone and unable to figure out my emotions. Soon Smexy, Nichol, and Dr. Smilie come in. Nichol slowly approached me and I smile at her.

"Hi sweetie. Come up here." I say tearing up again but fake a smile for her.

She looks at her dad and the doctor before climbing on. I move my arm around her allowing her to lay down next to me. I turn on my side and curable her in my arm, petting her hair.

"Are you ok mama?" She asks innocently.

I nod and clear my throat before speaking.

"I just need a hug from you." I choke out.

I close my eyes tight trying to keep from crying but the tears start again. I kiss her head with shaking lips and gently rest me head on hers.

"Daddy told me... that the babies didn't make it... that's ok, you can make another one." She says looking at me and rubbing my cheek.

I nod and laugh a little at her kindness.

"I'll try." I say weakly.

The doctor looks at me with sadness and shoos Nichol away. He sits Smexy down and begins to talk to us, slowly and gently. After a long talk he ends it when the worst news possible.