Memories

I wake up in Dr. Smiles office, feeling tired. I sit up and look at my arm, it's wrapped in bandages with a little blood soaked through. I sit up and pull out the IV, annoyed I'm back here again. I don't want to be reminded of the last time I was here. I stand up quickly and stumble, flopping on the bed again. I stand up slower and walk to the door, stepping out.

"(Y/N)." I hear Smexy say.

I look over and see his standing with Jeff. I walk over them and look closely at their faces. They don't smile or rush to tell me news on Nichol. Smexy hugs me gently and kisses my temple.

"Is she ok?" I ask worried.

Jeff sits again the wall, bringing up his knees to his chest. He covers his face and starts to cry a little. I look at Smexy thinking if the worse.

"... She's in a coma." Smexy finally tells me, choking on his words.

I break on the inside and start to cry profusely. Smexy holds me close to him and as I cover my face. I gasp for air and hug him tightly. This could be the end of my world? This is how it ends? I've lost two already I can't loose my third. I hear Smexy start to softly cry as he holds me. I wrap my arms around his neck, tucking my head in his neck. Smiley comes through the door to the sad sight and looks down. We look at him, waiting.

"She's still in the coma. One person at a time can see her. I'm so sorry guys, I really tried to pull her out." He says covering his eyes.

I hear him let out small huffs of air. I let go of Smexy and hug him, I rub his back as Jeff walks in to see her first.

"It's ok, we know you tried." I tell him choking up.

He pulls himself together and straightens up.

"I can keep her on the machine for as long as you guys want." He says whipping his tears.

I nod and step back so he can leave. I look at Smexy and grab one of his massive hands with both of mine. I lean my head against his arm, starting to cry again.

About and hour passes and Jeff comes out in tears. I let Smexy go next so I can comfort Jeff. We sit on the floor and barely talk, what is there to say?

"Smiley said we could keep her on as long as we want." I say quietly.

He nods and rubs my knee. We sit for another hour and Smexy comes out. I stand up and hug Smexy before walking in. I close the door, looking at the floor. The heart monitors beeping fills the room.

Beep

Beep

Beep

I slowly look up and see Nichol tucked under the blanket, laying completely still. I stand there for a few minutes hopping my little girl will jump up and say it was a plank but she doesn't. She lies still and the monitor is the only thing talking to me.

Beep

Beep

Beep

I slowly approach her bed and sit in the chair next to it. I look at her still face and tear up. I move my eyes down to her hand and gently lift it to hold it.

"Hi sweetie, it's mommy... I don't know if you can... H-Hear me but,... please don't leave us... you have your whole life a-ahead of you a-and... we still need you here... your father, Jeff, and me. We all need you." I choke out slowly.